Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting with my mom everyday

My mom and I use to be so close but in the past months every conversation turns into a really bad fight. I miss her so much but I can't talk to her. I can't tell her about my feelings because she turns it on herself saying "oh sorry I'm such a bad mom" and how much I hate her. And I have to end up reassuring her about mow much I love her. And I lover her more than anything, thats why this all hurts so freaking much. I listen to her feelings and problems all the time. Im her therapist, not her daughter. I'm 17 and Im gonna be at college soon and I feel like my time with her is running out but we constantly fight. I just want our relationship to be how it was. And almost everyday, I just want to die, cause it the only way to end our problems. Every time I tell her that, she starts yelling at me and tells me to just stop. But I can't stop thinking it and I need serious help. She won't get me help and I can't take this anymore. I don't know what to do. Theres no way out of this. I've tried solving our problems but it just gets worse. The smallest things make us fight. It's so hard but I can't imagine going on in life without her in it. My dad already left us and she's all I have but I can't do this anymore.

Thanks for reaching out to NRS we appreciate the fact that you have reached out to us in order to seek help. Our hope is to provide you with resources and tips to make the best of your situation.

We can understand how difficult it has been for you since from what you have told is a lot for a teenager to handle. You definitely do not need to be taking on responsibilities that are not for you to take on. Some options you have as far as getting through to your mom are to possibly seek out a school counselor or teacher who might be able to keep talking about the situation. You could even perhaps have them refer you to some family therapy. It is admirable that you want things to work out with your mom. Another option you could think about is having a close family member talk with you both. It might help since they are someone who means something to both of you. Another option is to call us here at NRS we could do a conference call with you and your mom. We can help get the conversation reach some goals and see if we can help in anyway. Another thing we wanted to give you resources for is that you have mentioned in your story that you feel like dying. If you are having suicidal thoughts or behaviors please know there is help. You can feel free to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (1-800-273-8255). From there you could speak to someone who understands and can help you through this difficult time. If you wish to call us as well please feel free to reach out we are 24/7 and confidential.

Again we want to thank you for seeking us out. Our hope is that we have given you enough options to explore in order to best help you in your time of stress and hardship. If you have any questions or concerns that might come up please do not hesitate to call us at (1-800-786-2929) or use our chat option online at (www.1800runaway.org). We hope you can find a solution to the matter at hand.

Best Wishes- NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X