No announcement yet.

I don't want to live with my mom anymore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't live with my mom anymore

She constantly yells at me for my grades which I guess is apart of being a parent but im 15 years old and im constantly hurting myslef she make me feel like complete ******** and it really hurts. I have a boyfriend that I have been dating for over 2 years and Im on Christmas brake and I have another week to spend with friends and my boyfriend but she yell at me today and said that im doing anything for the next week. I ran to my room and cried and my stepdad is even worse he just make fun of me and calls me really rude names and my mom willl just follow along with it and its horrible Ive cut myself and my 13 year old sister has walked in on my trying to choke myself with a belt and my mom walked in saying stop being over dramatic. Ive wanted to run away but it seems like the only people that are there for me and my older sister and my boyfriend they constatly tell me i can't leave and i only have a few more years and it sucks because i can take it for more than just 2 days. Shes super lazy and make her kids watch her babys whos are 6 and 3 and she pregnant. Whenever she yells or gets upset she says "If i lose this baby it will be your fault" I just cant take it anymore I cut and hurt myself to make me feel better. I go bed half the time feeling like im worth nothing. My dad doesnt help He is two thousand miles away and never call for anything I just need to leave but i dont have the guts and I feel like my mom hates me but i try and try to live up to her expectations but she makes the harder and harder everytime that i get close to making her happy.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out for help.

We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time. You don't deserve to be treated like that. If your safety is every at risk you can call 911. This is not ok and not your fault. You shouldn't have to go through this. It sounds like things have been so hard that you resorted to cutting yourself and hurt yourself to numb the pain. We want you to know your life matters, and you are not alone. We are here to support you through this hard time. You can contact the National Suicide Prevention Safeline at 1-800-273-TALK(8255) and contact To write love on her arms for help with self-injury resources https://twloha.com/find-help/.

If it might be an option for you, you could consider filing an abuse report. You could call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help provide you more information on how to file an abuse report. All of this is a lot and if your safety is very important. You can always call 911 or go to a National Safe place https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/

Leaving home can be hard in many situations. It can be helpful to think about where you might stay and how you might pay for food, rent or other living expenses. We are not legal experts however if you are to leave home without your parents permission the police can bring you back home and whoever you stay with could be charged with harboring a runaway.

If you would like, you could also call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat and we can listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.
      We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

NRS

• I'm 15 and I planned on running away.

My family always drink every Friday and special events, they would talk loudly and be violent, my parents said they stopped drinking, but they never did, I accidentally deleted something my sister told me not to delete, I'm afraid she will be mad, I feel so depressed and trapped.

This is how i will run away.

Me and my mom will go to town then when we are there, we are going to this hotel, then when she's asleep I will sneak out of the room then get out of the hotel.
    But then what? I have no money or shelter...
    Please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• my mom really makes me want to kill myself. i literally do nothing to her and she always yells at me . And she doesn’t even understand me . .. She doesn’t realize that growing up without my father has made me super depressed . I have an older brother and a younger brother and she treats me so differently than them. she loves them so much and she shows that she’s hates me. She doesn’t care about me and i know she doesn’t. She’s slapped me before and she has told me she doesn’t care about me. I have contemplated suicide so many times.. She doesn’t ask how my day was or anything. She only cares about my brothers. Even one time well actually plenty of times i have asked her to take me to the doctor once and she didn’t. But if my brother asks her to, she does it. I don’t know , I wish my dad was here . I have thought about even just running away before. Anyways i’m tired of living this life and i don’t think i can do it anymore. Sooner or later i’m gonna end up killing myself ..

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,
      Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are having a difficult time with your mom. We are here to help in any way we can.
      You said that you are depressed and have contemplated suicide. Those are both very hard things to be dealing with, and it must be frustrating and upsetting to not have support from your mom. If you are having suicidal thoughts right now or have them again, the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255. You would be directed to a crisis responder, and they can talk you through your current feelings as well as help identify mental health resources in your area.
      If you do not want to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline right now but are interested in counseling or therapy for your depression, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has a great website that helps users find counseling resources as well. Their website is samhsa.gov and their phone number is 1-877-726-4727. If you want to discuss these or any other mental health options, feel free to call into us here at NRS. Our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
      You mentioned that your mom has slapped you before as well as said cruel things and denied taking you to the doctor. Abuse is never acceptable, and it sounds like there has been physical and verbal/emotional abuse as well as neglect. If you ever want to report this abuse, Child Help is the National Child Abuse Hotline. Their website is childhelp.org and phone number is 1-800-422-4453. It can be very difficult to report this on your own, so if you would like, one of our services here at NRS is to help our callers file abuse reports. You would call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and together we would call out to Child Help. Talking to teachers and school counselors can also be of help in these situations, but it is good to keep in mind that they are mandated reporters, so they by law have to report any abuse they are told about. If you ever feel you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
      You said have thought about running away. If you are seriously considering this, it is good to think about where you would go and how you would find a means for basic survival such as food and clothing. Having a plan in place is always a good idea so that you stay safe and off of the streets.
      While you are at home, it also might be helpful to find coping mechanisms. Some people enjoy listening to music, journaling, taking walks, talking to friends, reading, and many other things! If there is anything that makes you feel centered and safe, it is nice to have this in your toolbelt in times when you are feeling low.
      If you want to talk through anything further, feel free to give us a call here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are a 24/7, completely confidential, toll-free safeline. Here to listen, here to help.
      Best of luck,
      NRS

• I don’t want to live with my mum anymore , can I live alone at 17 and have my own place , we just really haven’t been getting along for quite a while now due to loosing respect after things happening in the past but unfortunately I don’t have a job and I don’t no what to do

Comment

• Reply: I don’t want to live with my mum anymore

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. In most states the legal age to move out without parental consent is 18.
      It sounds like there may be some other issues between you and your mother that have made things difficult. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Hello I’m 15 and I’ve recently lost my virginity now eveyone in my family is judging me and hates me they when though my phone and eveyone is so disappointed. However my mum has never really spoke to me about things in life she’s not an open person and doesn’t like talking but all she does is go work and come home to sleep she has no time to speak to me and I feel really lonely. Eveyone in my house thinks I will never make it in life and that I am stupid. I really just feel like running away and being away from everybody I hate my family and my mother .

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re so sorry things at home have been so challenging after your family found out that you lost your virginity. It sounds like you’re under a lot of stress and considering running away. We can’t tell you what to do, because you know your situation best, but we will certainly do our best to share information that might help you decide your next steps.

In your message, it sounds like you feel like your mom doesn’t really communicate with you and it makes you feel lonely. We want you to know that you’re not alone. We’re sorry that you haven’t felt supported or well informed by your family, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t take steps to keep yourself safe. Deciding when to have sex is an important decision to make, and if you have questions about how to keep yourself safe and healthy, websites like Planned Parenthood, available at www.plannedparenthood.org are great resources to help you decide how to be prepared for sex.

You also talk about wanting to run away and be away from everyone. It’s understandable that the situation would make you feel like you need some space if you’re feeling like family isn’t there to support you. We want you to know that we are here for you. You are welcome to give us a call or send us a chat if you feel like leaving home. As we mentioned before, we aren’t here to tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you develop a safety plan so that you stay safe regardless of what you decide to do. You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929). We’re also available on chat every day. We wish you the very best of luck, and hope that things at home get better. In any case, stay safe!

-NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X