No announcement yet.

I don't want to live with my mom anymore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I live with my mum and she I don’t like here she starts on me for no reason like the other day i asked her if I can join boxing and we phoned up and they weren’t picking up so she started yelling at me and telling me to go live with my dad who divorced my mum when I was born so he’s useless everyday she says go away and live with my dad and when I’m about to leave she threatens me sometimes I feel sucidal and my whole family are Muslims and I want to be a atheist but they would kill me if I told them need advice please

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello thank you for contacting the NRS. We are very sorry to heard about your situation and will do all we can to help. You mention feeling suicidal. If you feel you are at risk of harming yourself please call the police or a suicide prevention line in your area.

Our organization is located in the US unfortunately. It seems like the issues you have with your mom are really taking a toll on you. We are sorry to hear that and will try to relieve some of this stress for you. If you would like to talk with someone about how your relationship with your mom is affecting you, you may want to reach out to some form of a mental health counselor or therapist. They may be able to provide some insightful coping mechanisms. This is an resource located in the UK that will be helpful for you https://www.nspcc.org.uk/services-an...ces/childline/.

Take care.
      -NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod10; 07-25-2018, 09:04 PM.

I don’t wanna live with my mom anymore , I wanna live with my grandma . I’ve lived with my grandma before when I was a baby all the way up until I was 10 and I moved with my mom and I’ve hated it since . There’s no abuse going on or anything it’s just that me and my mom don’t bond well and she’s always working and I just have a better relationship with my grandmother. I’m 16 but I’ll be 17 in October can I legally move in with my grandma without my moms consent . My mom stays in Tennessee and my grandma stays in Arkansas

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear that you don't have a strong bond with your mom. It sounds like you would rather stay with your grandmother. We are not legal experts but from what we know since you are under 18 , you would need parental consent in order to leave home. You could try asking your grandmother to talk to your mom for you. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

Hi I’m 14. I don’t want to live with my mom anymore because she doesn’t treat me right, kind of pays attention to me, and when her baby comes she’s gonna care about the baby then me, and when her boyfriend tells me something mom always agree with him and not me.
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there Issac,
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are having a tough time at home, and we are here to help in any way we can.
      You mentioned that your mom is going to have a baby. That can be a really big change, and it makes sense that you are worried about the baby shifting your mom’s focus away from you. Since you are 14, you will have brand new responsibilities of being a big sibling. Perhaps you can find ways to help out with the new baby so that you can spend more time with your mom and also develop a new, cool relationship with your sibling.
      You said that your mom doesn’t treat you right. It is very hard to feel like the person who is supposed to care about and for you the most isn’t treating you the way you deserve. If you would like to voice these feelings to her but have a hard time conducting that conversation, we have a conference calling service here that you might find useful. You would call in here to NRS at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and we would talk a little bit about your situation. Then we would call out to your mom, talk to her a little bit about what’s been going on, and then connect the call. We stay on the line to ensure that the conversation stays positive and compromise-driven.
      It is really difficult to feel like your mom only agrees with her boyfriend over listening to you and your point of view and feelings. This is something else that we could discuss on a conference call. If you are not interested in the conference calling service but do want to have a conversation, sometimes it helps to have a family member or friend who knows both you and your mom in the room to make sure the discussion stays positive and focused on compromise. Sometimes it even helps to just voice your feelings to trusted friends, relatives, or teachers.
      After considering all of these options, if you are still feeling like you do not want to live with your mom, you might want to consider where you would go. You can ask yourself if there is a safe place for you to live where you can receive the support you do not feel you are getting at home. If you have any questions or want to talk through your situation a little more, you can always reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are a 24/7, toll-free, completely confidential helpline. Here to listen, here to help.
      Best of luck,
      NRS

I live with my mom and step dad....My mom and Real dad don’t really talk with one another anymore so i live with her. Anyway my mom don’t ever let me do anything.She barely let’s me go to places with friends and she don’t even let me go
    to friends house.And I am 15 years old and she still treats me like I am 12. I mean I make good grades I just don’t know what her deal is. Sometimes she makes me want to runaway or live with my Aunt. Please can I live with someone else

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Your situation with your mom and stepdad sounds like it would be frustrating and difficult. It sounds like you are at a point in your life where you want to branch out more and your mom hasn’t realized that yet.

We are not legal experts but typically it is perfectly fine to live somewhere else if you have your mother’s permission. Usually this is a grandparent or aunt/uncle or close friend of the family. Without parental permission, if you runaway, it’s typically considered a “status offense” for you, which means it’s not a crime but you may be returned to your parent, or if there is abuse in your home you may be relocated to a shelter or another safe place through child protective services. If you are staying with an adult, they can be technically guilty of a crime called “harboring a runaway,” but that’s very rare that those charges are filed.

Thank you again for reaching out. If you have more questions about this, or if you just want to talk, please don’t hesitate to call us. We can help you make a safe plan whether you decide to run away or stay at home. We can also set up a conference call between you and your mom to help you discuss your situation with her in a safe environment. Reach us anytime day or night at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online at 1800runaway.org.

How do I tell someone that just adopted me that I want to move out I’m. almost 17 and know how to take care of myself. I was in DHS for two years, and feel like the only reason she adopted me is so that she could adopt my baby sister. I have a place to live but don’t want to just run away. How do I reel her/convenes her to let me move out?

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there,
      Thank you for reaching out to NRS and having the strength to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and what you’ve been dealing with.
      We sympathize that broaching this conversation with your guardian can be difficult. If you were interested, we offer conference-calling as an option, where we would mediate a constructive conversation between your guardian and yourself in order to reach an understanding. Otherwise, you could speak with your guardian about an alternative living arrangement during a predetermined time, when you feel that you could best communicate your feelings and plan of action in a respectful environment.

Regarding your plan of living somewhere else, we would encourage you to consider guardianship, school enrollment, how you would take care of your needs (eating, sleeping, healthcare), and how you would care for your safety if something were to happen.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out again. Whether you need to safety plan or just talk, if you need more help or resources, we are completely confidential. We can be contact at our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
      Best of luck with everything, and stay safe.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

I want to run away from home because I love my mom, but she can't love me more than her boyfriend. There is lack of food and she cooks most of it for him so he can get full. And when I wash dishes I'm still hungry so I eat what he didn"t eat.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-04-2018, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Reply: I want to run away from home

Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything. Running away may not be the only answer to change what you are going through.
      We understand how difficult it must be to speak about what you have been feeling.
      You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
      NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Dear reader,

My mom refuses to let me see my dad’s half of the family besides my uncle and father. They’re going to Disney World in November and I was promised that they would find a way to let me go with them. However my mother signed a court thing allowing her to choose what I have to do over the weekend or week if I leave the state. She constantly says how she doesn’t like them and how she doesn’t want to be around them. To her, she thinks the same goes for me but I actually like them. Now all they can do is just say to wait but I don’t want to wait another 2 years for her just to say no again. It’s incredibly unfair but whatever I say is just going to reflect back to me. Then she’s going to play her “trap card” which is just her saying it’s unfair to her. Just because they hate each other doesn’t mean I do. But, I don’t believe I can even do anything except complain and eventually her either letting me go with HER (which would be just as bad), or let me go for a day and then leave (which still isn’t fair). And if that doesn’t happen, I’ll get a punishment for literally speaking my mind. I want to be there but it will not happen because Mom never listens to whatever I want to do if it has to do with them. I’m not a dog. It’s not like I don’t have another “master”. I don’t just do everything they say, humans have free will. I’m not a slave. Also, I hate to bring up the whole court thing or child services because I think it’s complete bull********. They say they’re doing it for the best interest for the child but they never consult the kid at all! If it were like that, then my life would be a lot ********ing simpler. Then if we get in a argument about it, she’s gonna say she’s “not trying to ruin my fun” or “I’m doing this for you, not me” which is a complete lie. It’s all her fault. I don’t want to live there anymore. I want to either live with Dad or my Uncle in Abington. All she ********ing does is just bring up all the bad things that happen with her and them. But it’s not their fault. I love my mother, but maybe I just love my dad more. Please take this into consideration. I heard that once you turn 13 you have more power, but I want this settled. I want to live comfortably. Living with my mom is the most uncomfortable thing ever. There’s too much arguing and pressure. I know it may sound like a pissed off kid who‘s mom didn’t let him go on vacation but it’s way more complicated than that. I want to see my family more but I don’t think living with my mother will help that. I don’t feel comfortable around my mom or grandmother. Please help.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

It sounds like you are in a frustrating living situation with your mom, who puts a lot of pressure on you and wants you to share her feelings about your dad’s side of the family. It’s good that you reached out. If your situation is making you feel trapped and stressed, that could be bad for your mental health. If you are not seeing anyone to support your mental health, you may want to see your guidance counselor or school therapist. Or, if you prefer, you can call SAMHSA at 1-877-726-4727 to look for a mental health professional in your area.

It sounds like you really want to be able to spend more time with your dad’s side of the family you’re your mom doesn’t fully understand how you feel. It may be helpful to write down your feelings in a letter to your mother and then give it to her. Sometimes people will understand you better when they read it in writing, and it can be an easier way to express your feelings than trying to confront her in person. If you’d like assistance writing that letter, you could give us a call anytime 24/7.
          If you prefer, we could facilitate a conference call with your mother where we could stay on the line with you so you would have someone on your side during that difficult conversation. You are dealing with a lot with your mother and it could go a long way to have that extra support during such a serious conversation.

Again, it’s so good that you’re reaching out and we are happy to help you any way we can. If you just want to talk, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or start a chat conversation with us on 1800runaway.org.

-NRS

Hi I’m 15 years old I live in Houston tx and I’m having problems with my mom I don’t wanna live with her no more but my dad doesn’t live down here and The only option is to live with my friend he is 18 and live in his own apartment but I don’t wanna be reported as. A missing child I know I’m not old enough to leave her house but all the arguing and throwing my mistakes back in my face calling me a slut just because I’m sexually active that stuff hurt I’m 15 years old and she treating me like a 10 year old I can’t wear a regular girl bathing suit to the pool or go out side with a boy I wanna be Able to live with some one that understands me and my feelings not argue about them and throw my mistakes in my face making me feel bad if she have the right to do that then that’s really wrong I feel like a foster child I’m always a disappointment to her when I don’t do nothing she want me to do I just can’t do it no more the state of Texas should have a law where 15 and up year old can choose to live with an adult they know and not just your family because they gonna act fake in your face and do the same thing she kicked me out just because I was telling her I feel with her treating me like a 15 year old I shouldn’t have to leave my bed room door open just because it’s a boy in there I shouldn’t have to wear a shirt and boy shorts just because u think I would look like a hoe in a teenager bathing suit you get the rest man that’s wrong to treat someone like that than wanna call the police and report me as a runaway or I don’t come back in the House WELL YOU KICKED ME OUT my mom had a mental issue she drink because her kids gets on her nerves she say but when she drink it’s not good for my little brothers she start acting crazy she might not tell you she drink but if u give her a bottle liquor watch how she act and you would under stand what I’m talking about but yea I don’t wanna live with her and if she don’t let me in the house tonight I’m not coming back and she will never be able to find me she go regret the choices she made cuz I’m not scared to leave her house cuz I den told her plenty times I would leave her house if it wasn’t illegal she wouldn’t have to worry about me no more til I’m 18 I almost got 2 years to be 18 my birthday is on August 24 2003

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, we’re sorry to hear what you’re experiencing with your mom. Everyone deserves to feel safe and comfortable at home. It sounds like you can’t leave your house without being reported as a runaway, and it’s definitely unfair that your mom is threatening to kick you out and then call the police. As a temporary solution, can you go to your friend’s house or another safe place when your mom is drinking and yelling at you, or can you talk to a trusted teacher or guidance counselor at school about what’s going on? Dealing with a parent who has a drinking problem can be really difficult. If you need support with that or referrals to services, you can call or visit the website of the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) at 1-877-726-4727 or www.samhsa.gov.

It does sound like your mom may be verbally abusive. If she kicks you out of the house and won’t let you back in, that is grounds for neglect, which is another form of abuse. If you would like to file an abuse report or learn more, you can contact the National Child Abuse Hotline at www.childhelp.org or 1-800-422-4453 and they can help you with that process. If you are ever in an emergency situation though, please call 911. Also, if you ever need a safe place in a crisis, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) and we will help you locate somewhere to go. Best of luck with everything.

• I am 15 years old, and i just live with my mom! We are always fighting and she always calms that she should have aborted me and that i aint ******** and this and that! She has a very bad temper and she throws stuff at me and ive been going thru this ever since i was 9 years old and I just cant do it anymore and i dont want to be with her. Like i cant do this anymore physical and mentally.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

It sounds like you’re going through so much at home right now and you mentioned your mom saying extremely hurtful things and also mentioned that you cannot take it physically. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.You should be to be treated with respect. Despite what your mom says, your life and your existence has infinite worth. You must be incredibly resilient for going through this for 6 years.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to child protective services (CPS). Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore your reporting options. If you would like assistance calling out to your local abuse hotline please do not hesitate to call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• I wish I can be able to be emancipated from My mother & run away. The reason why is because I feel that she does NOT understand me, She calls me out of my name & other things

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounds like you are interested in emancipation. We are not legal experts, but we can help you get a general sense of how emancipation works. Our general understanding is some states offer formal emancipation statutes while others do not unfortunately. Laws vary depending on your location, but in many states a minor can petition the court for emancipation to take responsibility for their own care before they turn 18. Generally speaking, courts are wary about granting emancipation. In most cases, you would have to prove in court that you have an income and can care for yourself financially, and that you are able to live separately from your parents. It also helps to be in good standing at school. The court will also factor in the mental and physical welfare of your parents in order to establish your best interest. Usually your legal guardian would have to agree to this in court. Once you are emancipated, you can legally choose where you live, but you might still find that you cannot sign a lease or build credit until you turn 18. The emancipation process can take several months or up to a year, and may cost money in the form of court fees and other expenses. Usually, the best way to learn about emancipation in your state is to contact a lawyer. You may also find information at your county family court. We can look up legal aid resources that may be able to help you with the process. Please do not hesitate to call or chat if you have questions, need legal resources, or need to talk.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          Be safe and stay strong,
          NRS

• My mom yells at me a lot. Like basically whenever I'm with her. My parents have been divorced for over a year now, and if I had my own room at my dads, I would've moved there right when they said they were separating. My mom has a really bad temper and she makes everything a big deal. I'm 14 and I want to just live with my dad, but I don't know if that's what I really want. What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you so much for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we know reaching out takes courage and we are glad you had the courage to reach out to us. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. It must be hard dealing with your mom having a bad temper. You could consider talking to her about the way you are feeling. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call out to us we can call your mom and help you talk with her and help support you and mediate the conversation. You mentioned living with your dad, you could consider talking with your parents and seeing if you can live with your dad with parental consent. We hope this information will help you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to discuss more about what is going on you can give us a call at any time, we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck and stay strong!
          NRS

• We fight all the time. Done with it. I cry everyday because of her and the surupif fights we have. We litterally had a fight of a ********ing glue gun. I said okay you can use my glue gun for your work and art decoration thing. I said just wait I’ll get my glue downstairs. She kept yelling and yelling at me asking where the glue is every 2 minutes and I kept saying wait I’m tying to find it. And she just won’t listen. I’m over it. And she yelled. I told her I’m trying to find it and asked why she kept yelling at me. Then she told me I was irresponsible and I told her well I know I should’ve kept it together and it’s my failure but stop yelling at me every minute of me trying to find it and it just made me frustrated. This hapens every day and we argue of done stupid ********: to be honest I’m depressed and I can’t deal with this anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
          We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
          Be safe,
          NRS

• Ok now im worried i see theres a little button that if you click it the box shows your ip address is my ip address now online for anyone to see?

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          We can understand that you are feeling worried however we are confidential and don’t give out information to anyone. If you would like to reach out to us again please call us at (1-800-786-2929) or online through our chat option at (www.1800runaway.org).

• I'm 16 and live with my mom and dad. I've been having really
        tough issues with my parents envolving me smoking and using nicotine. They have caught me multiple times and I don't know
        what to do anymore. They are so against those things they are treating it like i'm doing meth. They are saying they are going to make me do drug rehab and counseling but I don't want to or need to. I know what I have to do to be successful and am going to after high school. I just want to be appreciated and have their support but there is 0 of that. They are always targeting me for smoking or using nicotine and it feels like a war with my parents that isn’t going to end. The situations have made me depressed and I feel no connection with my parents like they hate me and are constantly on my ass I'm always happy and energetic when i'm with my friends at school or hanging out. But I never feel happy coming home and they are grounding me for more than 3 months.I dont know what to do. I feel like it's not mentally healthy for me to be at home and I want to be somewhere else.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          Be safe, NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X