No announcement yet.

I don't want to live with my mom anymore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to live with my mom anymore

I'm 12 years old and me and my mom always fight. Just about every single day me and mom get in really big fights. She gets mad really easily and when she's mad she screams and yells and swears at me. She calls me lots of bad words and it really makes me sad. I'm the only boy in my family other than her boyfriend. Whenever I try to talk to her about how I feel she starts screaming, I yell back at her sometimes but I just end up getting in more trouble. I don't really have many friends so I play lots of games so everytime I do anything she takes it away. That doesn't bother me much but then I have nothing to do and if I compIain she makes me go outside. As I said I don't have much friends so I always just walk around and it sucks. She slaps me a lot on the arms and stuff but when I'm really bad she slaps my face. I've never hit her or anything like that. My older sister even said that my mom has a bad temper and that we're good kids. We never swear, we don't do anything we're not allowed and stuff. She's really bad tempered for example: the other day I asked if I could make noodles but I saw my favorite kind was gone so I just said nevermind and went to go to my room, but she got mad and told me to eat something so I said I wasn't really hungry then she got mad at me and I said I wasn't going to eat so she came over and slapped my arm than took my game and said I'm never getting it back. Her and my dad split up and live in different towns. My 3 step sisters live there and there really nice and I've asked my mom if I could live there a few times but she said no even though half my family lives there and there all really nice. I don't know what to do and I get really sad cause of my mom and I don't want to live with her anymore

RE: I don't want to live with my mom anymore

Hello there,

We are glad that you reached out to us here at NRS for some help today. It sounds like things at home with your mom are pretty tense. You mentioned that she has hit you a few times. You do not deserve to be harmed in any way. You always have the right to report to local police or child protective services (Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453) if you feel you are in any danger. We are sorry that you are going through this right now. We want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. We are here to explore some safe options for you. We can help you file an abuse report because we are mandated reporters. Our goal is to keep you safe. We understand that you are not wanting to live with your mom anymore. It sounds like you just want to live in an environment where you feel heard, loved, and supported.

If you can call in or chat with us, we can help identify some resources and options that may help. Perhaps we can explore other living environments you can go to such as with another family member. If you are in need of a safe place to go to, we can also identify shelters and programs in your area that can help you.

We look forward to your call or chat soon.

Please be safe and take care,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 11-16-2015, 08:22 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: I don't want to live with my mom anymore

My mom and i have an awful relationship. She tells me how much of a disappointment i am and how she wishes someone would take me away. We fight all the time. i want to get away soon but i have no where to go. i need some where to go but somewhere close. i need help.

Comment

Hello there,
        Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are upset about the relationship you have with your mom and how you are treated at home. It must be very hard to feel like you are fighting all of the time and it sounds like you are hurt by some of the things she has said to you. This must be a very difficult situation and it is very brave of you to reach out for help.
        You stated that you need somewhere to go because you don’t want to live with your mother anymore. Those feelings are very valid and we are not here to tell you what you should or should not do, but we are here to help you make a safe plan of action. If you want to call or chat with us more directly about your situation, we can see if there are any additional resources that you might find helpful in your area such as safe places to be or anything that you think might help you cope or improve your current situation at home such as counseling services or coping resources.
        We are really glad that you reached out to us. It is very brave to ask for help as you are trying to figure out your options. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us here. We are always available to talk about your situation, help you explore your options, and support you in choosing a plan of action. We are here to listen, here to help.
        Take care,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Hi! I understand what you are going through and know a way you can live with your dad! First of all, your age is 12 so depending on what state you live in, you can either talk to your dad and take your mom to court or do it when you are 13. Whever you go to court your mom or dad might get a laywer, and it costs money. But, the age you are now (I am your age) you should be able to talk to the judge and give him you reasons, and your reasons are sensible, and the judge will know that you are old enough to decide these things. The last factor, can sometimes be the home. For example my dad lives in one of those trailer places and my mom has a nice house, so if I decided to take my mom to court so I could live with my dad I would wait until he gets a new house to do so. If your mom and dad have about the same niceness to thier house, then the judge won't consider it, but if you mom lives in a worse house or you dad does depending on the judge they may not may not consider that as a factor. Despite all of the info, it all depends on the judge so when and if you go to court be as mauture as possible. I hope you have a good outcome!!

Comment

I dont know anymore...my mom is driving me insane with guilt

My parents never married when I was a child they were dating when they had me and my mom walked out on my dad and took me with her, claiming full rights in court I saw him every other weekend for about 15 years, now im 16 turning 17 soon and I've recently moved 500+ miles away from my father and my mom talks as if she's never going to let me see him. I have a choice my grandma told me, I just have to take it to court, but I cant leave my mom all alone im all she has but I dont wanna be here anymore I wanna be with my dad even though all my mom says to me is "to call and tell my dad he needs to pay his child support." I can't tell my dad that... it would crush him, he'd see that im turning into my mom and not speak to me anymore. I cey almost every night to videos of fathers reuniting with their sons because o don't know if I ever will get to again :'(

Comment

I dont know anymore...my mom is driving me insane with guilt

Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. It sounds like you have moved far away with your mom and don’t want to leave her alone, but you also want to see your dad. That sounds incredibly hard, and you seem like a really great child for caring so much about your parents.

Your grandma might be right, you might have some legal rights in deciding who you stay with or being able to visit your dad. We are not legal experts so we cannot say for sure what your rights are in your situation. However, if you call or chat us we can provide you with legal aid resources that can help inform you of your rights.

We strongly encourage you to call or chat so we can talk over your situation and brainstorm your options. We want to help you as best we can.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

NRS

Comment

My mom hits me alot too. Im 13 btw

Comment

• ccsmod8
                  ccsmod8 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello there –

Thank you so much for taking the time out of our day to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. Sounds like you have been reading through our public forum threads and have related to one or more of the other posters on here. We hope that by helping them and helping you that there are other’s that are scrolling through will get the information that they need. We do want to say that it must be very hard for you to have to go through all of this. It sounds like a very terrible situation for you at home. No one deserves to be treated like that at all. Just know that you always have the right to protect yourself and report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to your local police department or child protective service in your state. You have rights too. If calling out to child protective services is something that you don’t really feel comfortable with doing, you can always give us a call to help answer any questions about the process or to walk you through what steps there are. We can also help you file if you’re worried about doing it alone. If that is something that you don’t want to do at all, we can talk to you more and figure out something that you feel comfortable with doing on your own.

It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. We don’t ask for any identifying information, unless you want to report any abuse. We certainly want to help you. If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you.

My mom hates me she tries so hard to get to me and make me miserable. last night she threatin to kill me. like she said I will kill you and you better pray. I want to live with my dad he loves and that's were im happy. I would do anything to get out of where Im living im so depressed and just down all the time. I want live with my dad right away he has his own house money and he could take care of me. My mom sends me to bead hungry often times. she calls me ugly,stupid,dum. She says im tired of you everyday. My name is ******** im 17 please help me get to my dad were im happy. and he wants me to stay with him and I live at ******

Comment

• ccsmod3
                  ccsmod3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello and thanks for reaching out on our forum. We are so sorry to hear your mom threatened your life last night and we hope you realize you do not deserve to be treated that way. It sounds like your mom is making you feel depressed and down all the time which doesn’t sound like it would be good for your psychological well-being. It is understandable you would want to try and live with your dad. Please know we are not here to judge you or tell you what to do, although we do care about your safety.

Normally we would not have to report anything to Child Protective Services (CPS.) However, due to the sharing of identifying information (which we edited out for your privacy) and our role as mandated reporters, we had to pass on the information you shared to your local CPS. To anyone else reading who may be worried about us having to report any possible abuse or neglect, please know you can choose not to provide identifying information such as your full name and address.

We are sorry if this is not the outcome you were hoping for when you posted to our forum. If you would like to follow up with us to see whether or not they made a report, you are welcome to contact us directly either by Live Chat or calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929.) We wish you the best of luck!
                  Last edited by ccsmod3; 05-04-2017, 03:33 PM.

I live in a family of 11 including my parents i'm a 11 year old girl. My father isn't the easiest man to talk to and sometimes if I run around or get a C in some class he hits me and calls me a idiot. My brothers expect for 2 make fun of me and call me bad names. My everybody at home says i'm moody and say i'm angry all the time and I wonder if they know the reason i seem like i'm angry is to cover up all of my pain. My mom is really trying but she doesn't speak english and sometimes she hits me sometimes too and calls e names too. At school i get bullied sometimes and it's really hard they call me names cause i'm a muslim and wear a headcover. My brother says that words should not make you cry and when he calls me those names he's pushing me too my limit and I wonder if i reached my limit a long time ago. At school my friends and classmates see me as some one happy cheerful and always have a smile on her face and a joke to crack. If they only knew how much pain I was covering up from them I want to tell somebody but i'm afraid i will just end up in the foster system and when I turn 18 i'll be a homeless girl. I really wish I had a different life and was one of those girls who have a nice family who don't call her stupid and make her bleed on the inside and are their for her when she needs a shoulder to cry on I wish I had a family wish someone would be there when I had a bad day at school and put a smile on my face, I wish I just had someboday to cll a parent a true friend who wouldn't judge me. Typing this makes me feel better like i'm actually talking about but writing this is not really going to change much is it?
                Bye for now,
                Ludlow girl

Comment

• ccsmod6
                  ccsmod6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Ludlow girl,

We’re so sorry to hear that you’re dealing with so much pain. It isn’t ok that you’re being called names and hurt the way you are. It’s so brave of you to reach out and talk to us about this and we’re thankful that you have. If you’re being abused or feel unsafe at home, you can report to Child Help, which is a National Child Abuse Hotline at 800-422-4453 or go to childhelp.org just to find out more information. Talking about pain can be so difficult, but doing so can help make us feel better. Is there anyone possibly in your school or even extensive family that you might feel comfortable opening up to? If not, or you just don’t feel ready opening up to someone you know, that’s ok and we understand. We’re here 24/7 if you ever need to talk. You can call us, email us, bulletin, and/or online chat. We will always be here for you, ready to listen, and ready to help. Thank you again for reaching out and we really do hope that your situation gets better. You’re important to us and we wish you all the best.

Okay so I live in a family of four counting me with two brothers who tease me until I cry and a mother who wishes I wasn't alive. One of my brothers sometimes does stuff to physically hurt me and the other one just uses words and is always grumpy and takes it out on me. As for my mom, I was an accident child so she never really wanted me but she doesn't agree with abortion or adoption so she kept me but now she is making my life miserable. At times I go to bed hungry because we have dinner so early and I don't get anything after that. Other times I am getting both yelled and sworn at. My mother also makes very hurtful jokes. For example, the other day my mother said "They made this new rule where instead of leaving babies in the side of the streets or stuff like that you could actually bring them too the fire department and they would take them no questions asked. I wonder if they would also accept teenagers." She has also told me that she was going to go to jail sometime soon and when I questioned her she said it was because she was going to hurt me. I am not being abused physically or anything I just don't think I can live with her anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod6
                  ccsmod6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out.

We’re so sorry that to hear that you’re in this situation. It sounds like you’re being exposed to a lot of hurtful things and it’s not ok that you’re being treated this way. Since you mentioned your brother physically hurts you, you can always reach out to Child Help for further information about being harmed at home. You can reach them by calling 1-800-422-4453 or accessing childhelp.org. They can talk to you about being hurt and potential options for getting you out of your situation so you’ll be safe and comfortable. Do you have any close friends or family in the area that you may feel comfortable talking about what’s going on at home? If you are contemplating not living at home anymore, it might be helpful to reach out to someone you trust about the situation to explore other living options. Also, if you are open to calling or online chatting with us we could also potentially provide you with more information and/or resources for your particular situation. If at any time you do feel that your safety is in immediate danger, we do hope that you reach out to local authorities for assistance.

We hope this helps, and again, we’re so sorry to know you’re going through this. Thank you for reaching out to us and we wish you the best of luck.

hey, so my mom has a new boyfriend and they've only been dating for about 2 weeks and now she wants to move In. I told her I don't want to go but she wont listen. I feel uncomfortable there. I try to live with my dad but hes disable. I have no where to go. I wouldn't mind being put in foster care. I just cant live here anymore shes physically beat me twice. the first one was no as bad as the second the first one I had a bump on my head and a couple scratches. but the second time she busted open my forehead. she begged me not to call the police. but I don't feel safe. I used to be depressed and cute because of her. I don't really know what to do I don't have anyone right now. and all of my friends left me.

Comment

Hello,
                  Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going to through a difficult moment with your mother. You are a brave person for contacting and explaining your situation to us. We believe that youth should not have to afraid about not being safe at home with family. We are here to help you with your current situation and we are here to listen. We can help you explore options in order to help you. We believe that youth should not have to go through any sort of abuse, verbal or physical. We can assist you with filing an abuse report through (DCS) Department of Children Services or the national child abuse hotline (Child Help, 800-422-4453, childhelp.org). We are here 24/7, feel free to contact us at 1(800) RUNAWAY (786-2929), we are here to help to you.

Comment

I live with a family of 6, me, 2 5yer old twins, 9year old daughter, mom and dad. I am 15years old about to be 16 in a couple of weeks. There used to be 10 living in the house, but my mom kicked out my grandparents(dad side). Then my grandpa (mom side) left but I don't know why but it probably has to do with my mom. Then my other grandma left because she can't stand my mom anymore. But now, she did something. She's now cheating on my dad. They have been married for 17 years. And it all started around January. I was the one who found out they were cheating because my mom was logged in on smule on my phone. Smule is a signing/messages app where my mom met "him". I saw messages saying I love you and stuff. I found all of this around April. I told my dad and he wanted to give my mom another chance because no one slept with each other. This "guy" lives in Australia FYI. Me and my dad gave her a month for her to change to see that this is wrong. We told our closest family friends about this to help, father Vince, and tristy, she helped us get the house we live in today. A month later she's still the same. Now my mom and dad are getting divorced and I don't know when it's going to be settled. My mom can't even take care of the kids now. When she gets home, she usually, goes on her phone, workout, or just do something like someone that doesn't have kids. She talkes to him every morning and night Cus of time zones but that doesn't matter. My grandparents (dad side) are the ones who take care of my siblings. My mom works at 8am-5pmish. My grandparents are the sweetest, goes to church, always helping the family out even trying to make peace with my mom several times. Now that my brothers are going to school this year, my grandparents don't have to take care of them. So I was wondering if I could live with my grandma (mom side) because I can't live with my mom either. She always yells at my siblings everyday and a huge hypocrite. I can't wait till the divorce is over, I just can't. After the divorce thing is over I'll move with my dad. I know my dad will say yes for me to move with my grandma, and my grandma will say yes too, but I don't know about my mom. Today 6-21-17 I just heard my mom talked to "him" and I had enough of it. So yea, sorry about my grammar.

Comment

Reply:

Hello,
                      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline .

We are sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like your parents are going through some marital problems and you are caught in the middle of it. It must be upsetting for you.
                      Sometimes being able to take a time out from a bad situation is good. Staying with your grandparents seems like an option you find favorable, perhaps you might consider talking with your father and grandmother about it. Maybe they can convince your mother to let you stay with your grandmother for a little while if not longer.
                      You were very courageous to reach out to NRS and we want you to know we are here to support you during this difficult time. Great job.

If you would like to talk more about your situation give us a call at: 1-800-Runaway or chat live at www.1800Runaway.org

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take Care,
                      NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x
                      Working...
                      X