Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away...

It's tearing me apart to continue living at home, and I'm not entirely sure that i have the strength to pull it off anymore. about 6 months ago i sat down with me parents and told them how I felt, how they were making me feel and that i was considering leaving. They swore to me that things would change but they never have. I cant take the pressure that comes with living here anymore at this point. I've been looking into potential legal issues, where i'd stay, what i'd do for food and money, because it's gotten to the point where i am sure that I cant wait it out another four years. I just dont know what to do at this point.

I want to run away

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are still not satisfied with the way things are at home even though your parents said it would be different. Have you looked at family counseling as a consideration?
    Sometimes change can seem like a slow process probably because things have been one way for so long that it’s difficult to unlearn certain behavior. Does that make sense?

It seems like you are making an effort to figure things out. It’s evident just by you reaching out tonight. Have you re addressed the issue with your parents? It’s important to at least try and maintain good communication. It’s like checking in with one another. At least this way they’ve heard how you feel about the way you see that things have been going and you can hear them out as well. How does that sound?
    It might be helpful to tell your side of things in more detail by calling our 24hr crisis line or join our live chat session.

You can contact 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org
    We are here to listen and explore options with you.

We hope that you will begin to see some positive movement in your relationship with your situation.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X