Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to run away, where are places I can go?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to run away, where are places I can go?

Hi My name is ______. I am 16 years old and I live in Norwalk.
    My mother has always favored my middle sister out of the three of us and only because she has asbergers.
    I am often put down and made feel low because I am the brightest out of all three girls. However because I am the youngest, I am often told and put down because they are older and deserve more respect. However, I receive no respect in return.
    I have been having problems with my mother ever since I was 13. She is OCD and Controlling. She is the toughest on me out of all of us because she doesn't want to let me go. She is constantly comparing me to my sister with aspergers because she is single and refuses to grow up even though she is 18. She is happy with that since she still lives at home. However I do not want the same for myself. SHe constantly makes me feel like a slut because I have a boyfriend and wish to be sexually active. She puts me down all the time because she says its against OUR religion but I don't feel that much of a believer anymore. She uses my middle sister to lie and make it seem like I am the worst child. But I just can't do it anymore. Everyone is telling me to stop arguing with her and "challenging her" and to just submit. But I don't, she says I'm always wrong no matter what and I go on common sense. I would submit if she was being logical but She isn't, she always has to be right.
    She comes home everyday and rather than trying to understand that I am depressed, she fights with me and would rather put me down and ask my sisters to tell her what I have done wrong lately and point out my flaws. But how can I do right when everyone is telling me how wrong I am.
    They insist I am crazy but I only have anger issues because they always take my moms side rather than pointing out that sometimes she is wrong, and then say hey I tried, when clearly they just abandoned me.
    My dad has no spine and instead insults me more because if he doesn't my mom will fight with him.
    I have recently been seeing a social worker because they insist i'm crazy and want her to "fix" me. But I'm just concerned that she wont understand because she is a Hispanic mom just like my mom.
    My mom and dad remind me that I am crazy and selfish and that I am not depressed but ungrateful.
    I used to cut but I stopped because I couldn't bare what it would do to my boyfriend. He is the only thing keeping me going at this point. My parents insist that I am not depressed and that I am being ungrateful and that if I want to start problems then I should leave and they'd be glad to wash their hands of me.
    THey said they hope my social worker will figure out what's wrong with me because "god knows I'm ********ed up"
    They make me feel like a slut, when I was open to them about wanting to go on birth control, at least Im being safe and being honest. But they tell me Im a slut and compare me to my middle sister again because she is immature and naïve and runs away when boys mention sex, but I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years and we both know we want to get married.
    But that still makes me a slut.
    I know I'm not crazy, but I'm starting to feel like it.
    I just want to avoid them all. So I go straight into my room afterschool and only come out for dinner and work.
    But even then they come in and yell at me regardless that I stay in my room.
    I have never felt so depressed in my life.
    I just want to get out of here.
    I know I can be rude, but I just don't see how that makes all of this okay. My rudeness is only a defense. and I feel like instead of coming home and feeling safe, I have to be on defense mode all the time because they will come in and yell at me more and make me feel worse than I already am.
    I just don't know how much longer I can do this.
    I just want to know if there is a place where I can run away to.
    My boyfriends house would be the first place they'd look for me.

re: I need to run away, where are places I can go?

Hey there,

It sounds like you have really been dealing with a lot. Especially since your family is constantly comparing your to your 18 year old sister. That seems unfair that they treat you both similarly, but you are so different. You shouldn’t have to deal with them putting you down and making you feel more depressed. From what you mentioned, it sounds like you want to be safe in your relationship with your bf and being sexually active. That’s really good. It must be so frustrating to deal with them not understanding your intentions and efforts to get things going on a positive note for yourself.

We do want to let you know that we aren’t legal experts here, so we can’t really say where you can go specifically in your area. You mentioned that you are 16, if you want to live somewhere else other than your home, which can be hard to find depending on your city and state. A lot of places like shelters can let you stay temporarily; but then they would have to get in contact your parents within a certain time period. Also, that depends on if there are any places like that in your area. Some small towns don’t have a lot of resources for runaway youth to go to. One website that may help to at least find a safe place to go, is nationalsafeplace.org. You may be able to find a safe location close to your area if you need somewhere to go.

Running away can be difficult and scary. For further assistance, we encourage you to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are available 24/7 and look forward to your call. You can also live chat with us via our website @ www.1800runaway.org.

Good luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

Re: I need to run away, where are places I can go?

im scared help

Comment

RE: Re: I need to run away, where are places I can go?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. It takes a lot of strength to ask for help when you feel scared or afraid. We are here to listen and help however we can. If you are in an emergency, you can always dial 911 for emergency services. You can call us 24/7 if you want to talk about your situation, or you can reach us every day through live chat. Thank you for reaching out, and we hope to hear from you soon.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Re: I need to run away, where are places I can go?

Hi, I really want to run away, but I am super scared, I am very young. Please help, what do I do? I feel like I am in depression

Comment

Reply: I need to run away, where are places I can go?

Hello,
            Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline

It sounds like you are having thoughts of running away from home and that you might be experiencing some depression.
            Sometimes when things are not going well it can be hard to cope.
            It’s okay if you are not sure what to do what’s important is that you are reaching out for help.
            Good for you.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
            Feel free to contact 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) if you would like to talk about your situation.
            We’ll hear you out and explore options with you. Talking things out might enable you to come up with a plan or maybe look for services in counseling.
            We have a national data base and can assist you with information and referrals.
            Let us know how we can help.

Good job reaching out this morning.

Take care,
            NRS

Comment

Whats a good place to run to near springfield mo?

Comment

• ccsmod7
                ccsmod7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello there, please call or chat us for specific local resources. We can better look for youth shelters for you if we had more information about you and your situation. Here at NRS, we are confidential and primarily concerned about your safety so please reach out if you can.

You might also look into National Safe Place if you need somewhere to go. You can visit http://www.nationalsafeplace.org or text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 69866. A counselor will text you back and direct you to the nearest safe place location.

Best of luck to you,

NRS

Hello im a 19 year old girl who still lives with there parents the reason I want to ran away is that I had a boyfriend and he took my virginity my parents found out and they said that “Why did you let him take your virginity” I made the same mistake as my mom. So when I went to text him he said that he had another life and another girl he didn’t want anything to do with me. So my parents are disappointed at me because I did that I should have waited or told him to stop but I was so stupid I had let him take my virginity just like that.

Comment

Hi I am 12 years old and I’m really stressed out about school and grades, and want to runaway but I don’t know how my family will react.

Comment

• ccsmod10
                  ccsmod10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

Sometimes situations become overwhelming and it is hard to know just what to do about it. growing up in this time is definitely more stressful than past generations. it’s really frustrating when parents don’t understand all the different stressors that youth deal with.

Sometimes talking things out with a third party like a counselor or therapist can help to resolve a situation.
                  There are other options like writing down your feelings in a letter or note to your parents in an effort to let them know the situation. You might also consider contacting NRS about our mediation services over the phone.

If you would like to speak more about your situation and options towards a solution contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-29290 or www.1800Runaway.org

We hope to here from you soon.
                  Take care,
                  NRS

My mom and I always argue about everything and it’s mostly about everything she does. I’m constantly always trying to make things better around the house for my siblings and I but it never works. At the moment my mom has a boyfriend but he’s a huge smoker and I hate him so much. Whenever my mom is out his friends come over and they smoke so much that the whole house begins to smell. My mother has had many boyfriends before this one and they either broke up because it was an abusive relationship or because she was cheating. And she still is cheating on her new boyfriend but i’m afraid to say something. We live in a small house and it’s not a very wealthy area. My mom doesn’t even drive a car. I’m so tired of living like this because my mom can get abusive at times and she’ll tend to hit my younger brothers, ages 4, 6, & 10. We currently have DCF in our life and they are about to close the case because everything seems ‘fine.’ I really want to speak up and say something about what she does but i’m so afraid. I’m afraid of getting in trouble, and I’m afraid of getting split up from my siblings. In total, i have 5 siblings, and i’m pretty sure a family does not want to take in 6 kids. I have thought about running away so many times or killing myself but I can’t beat the thought of leaving my siblings behind. Also, i’m only 13 years old so I wouldn’t know where to go. My grandfather lives nearby but I don’t know if i’m ready to leave yet. I just hate how I live and I hate my mothers actions but I have no idea what to do. Please give me some advice!

Comment

• ccsmod10
                  ccsmod10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been going through a lot.

It sounds like you’re having a really tough time with your mom. Have you talked with your grandfather about what is going on? Would he be open to taking on custody of you and your brothers?

Another option could be to reach out to Child Help hotline. They are the national child abuse hotline. They would be able to talk to you about the possible options you might have with DCFS. You can reach them at 800-422-4453 or you can go to their website www.childhelp.org.

You already shared so much of your situation with us, but sometimes it can be helpful to further vent about what is going on. It can be beneficial to think about who your support system is in a time like this, whether it be friends or other family members. As an addition resource, the website https://teenlineonline.org/ can be good if you are wishing to speak to other teens about what is going on via chat.

If you would like us to provide you with any other kind of support, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY. If you are unavailable to call in, you can chat with us online during our chat hours. We can discuss your options and what you might want to do moving forward, as well as giving you more space to talk about what’s going on. We can also help you brainstorm ways to cope with this tough situation as well as possibly link you up to resources. Again, we want to support you so feel free to reach out to us whenever.

Stay strong!
                  NRS

My family and I are fighting constantly and schools not going well either. My mom took away my phone and ill admit, i did some stupid things and i've owned them and apologized just like anyone should do. I'm at the point where my life is breaking down into pieces and i dont know what to do. i low key feel like in a depressed state and have been for the past few weeks. I try to act fine at school, when I really just want to cry and leave, but yet i dont want to come home. I feel betrayed by my family. My parents have called me things where I look at myself and just breakdown. I dont know what to do. I wanna run away so badly but I dont know where to go and im scared.

Comment

• ccsmod3
                  ccsmod3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. That sounds so stressful to have those arguments with your family.
                  It sounds like all of your struggles are making you consider leaving home. If you do decide to leave home, you could consider thinking about ways to make sure you stay safe. You could think about ways you would pay for food, shelter, clothing and other necessary things. You could think about how long you would stay away, where you would stay, and what things would be like when you return. You could consider what you would do if you felt that you were in danger or had an emergency.
                  You mentioned some struggles with feeling depressed and mental health concerns. If you want some information about mental health resources, you could all us or chat with us online, or check out the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA); 1-877-726-4727; samhsa.gov; findtreatment.samhsa.gov/.
                  If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. You could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling. Just so you’re aware, we have a conference calling service here where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your parents.
                  There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.
                  Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

hey my name is Gloria I am 15 years old and I was apoted form bulgaria and now i live in wicoins and i want to runaway were do i go

Comment

• ccsmod0
                  ccsmod0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi,
                  Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out us. It sounds like you are thinking about leaving home but don’t not have a clear picture of where you would like to go. If possible you could give us a call and we can talk to you about all of your options. 1-800-786-2929
                  We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

Hi i am 15 years old going on 16 ans i need 2 run away i need help

Comment

• ccsmod0
                  ccsmod0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello,
                  Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We want you to know that you have the right to report the abuse that you have been experiencing to the police. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to assist with that. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support.
                  Additionally, if you ever need a safe place to go, we also can provide you with various resources for agencies in whatever area you are in to best help during this difficult time. You can always call us to talk about what you are going through and receive some support. We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved.
                  We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think
                  Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
                  If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
                  We hope to hear from you soon.
                  Be safe,
                  NRS
              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X