Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im leaving.

My family is Driving me insane. My Parents are constantly criticizing me on the little things for absolutely no reason- considering that they taught them to me. My father is pressuring me to do all these activities, but keep my grades up and it stresses me out yet he's mad at me for not getting perfect marks in school. I cant keep up, and it scares me since my mom is always threatening me because i cant keep up. My twin sister is cruel to me and Noone likes me, I want to leave and start over. I have a decent plan, but i worry about accommodations, and needs- like money and hitchhiking is dangerous. im only 14 and i cant work yet... any ideas?

RE: im leaving.

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). From what you shared, it sounds like your family holds very high expectations of you which is causing overwhelming feelings of pressure and stress. It seems as though feel you are judged and criticized for minor things you feel should not be an issue. It sounds like you are trying your hardest but feel that your parents may not understand you. Expectations that parents have of children may sometimes be too high where misunderstanding and miscommunication come into play. Sometimes it is helpful to talk to someone about ways that you may be able to resolve conflict at home before deciding to leave and be on your own. Talking things out can also help your parents and family understand your needs and expectations of them as well. We are here to listen and help you identify what is best option for you. If you would like to discuss more about things going on at home and/or at school, please reach out to us by phone or chat. 1-800-786-2929 (RUNAWAY) or visit www.1800runaway.org.

We look forward to your chat or call soon.

Be safe and take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X