Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom is a bad mom

I'm 14 almost 15 , and my mom treats me bad . She's always cursing at me in Spanish when I don't do something the way she wants it . Sometimes I feel like she doesn't care about me or my sister (9) and she only cares about my brother (7). Since today was Veterans Day , we didn't have school , so I had to help my mom clean the house . I did help her & did everything she told me to do but after I have helped her with everything she could possibly think of , I asked her to make me something to eat & she said that's I was old enough to make my food and I'm so lazy but when my stepdad (35) asks her to make food , she does it so quick .. Only because he has "such a hard day at work " .. i just don't get the difference between me and him , she makes him her #1 priority & my brother too .. She seems to favor the men more than the woman . I've been thinking about running away for the past month but I wouldn't know where to go . I visit my dad's mom every weekend , and she's honestly my mom .. my better mom because she cares about me & she understands me but sometimes I can't wait to leave my mom to go to my grandmas house because everyday is a new problem .. I just want to run away and never see anyone ever again . I feel like I'm such a nice , caring person so why do I get treated like this? Sometimes I just want to kill myself to escape from my problems. I've cut myself before and honestly , I deserve every cut I've given myself ..

Re: My mom is a bad mom

Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.

If anyone else reading this is also struggling with self-injury or suicidal thoughts, please know there is support out there. We're here to listen and provide support to the best of our ability. There are also a few other resources that may be helpful.

You Matter (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) http://www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

To Write Love On Her Arms (Online support organization for issues such as cutting.) https://twloha.com/
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X