Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 12 and I don’t like my life at all my parents just broke up and I feel very alone . Right after they broke up a new guy moved in and I don’t even know who he was and he had 3 kids. There now my stepsisters . One is 9 ,one is 10 , and one is 13 . Me and the 10 year old have the same feelings about everything and we got very close to each other . I am taking her and we are gonna run away. We are gonna take a map and we are gonna follow the train tracks to a different state

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on. It can be incredibly lonely and stressful when your parents break up, let alone having a stranger move into your house with his children. That can be really difficult to cope with and we understand the urge to want to remove yourself from that. You mention that you and your stepsister are planning on running away. We are really glad that you and your stepsister have grown very close. You definitely deserve to have someone to confide in. We are not legal experts, but we can say that you would need your parents’ permission to leave home. If you leave without permission, your parents could call the police and file a runaway report. Running away is not necessarily illegal, but it is considered a status offense. Following the train tracks to another state could possibly be dangerous; if you’re truly intending to run, you may want to consider where you’d get food and money, and what you would do if you found yourself in a dangerous situation.
      It sounds like you’re feeling overwhelmed and lonely with all the changes going on. That totally makes sense. You deserve to feel comfortable where you are! One option to consider is talking with your parents about how you’ve been feeling about everything. We know this can be a hard conversation to have, so it could be helpful to ask your stepsister to help you. It could also be helpful to talk to your parent one on one. If you need help talking to them, you can always call us. We can do a three-way call and help you have a respectful conversation. Your voice deserves to be heard after all.
      Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:

• Hi im a 12 year old boy that has gone through deppresion and has anxity. Ive thought about bad things and i want it to stop so ive thought about running away. The resone for this is it seems like i cause anger and stress. So i contacted this company

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you're having a lot of problems at home and with your mental health. Certainly, this sounds difficult, and we hope we can help.

We understand how scary it can be to talk to others about your internal life in general, but even more so when your internal life involves mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Coping with mental health struggles is challenging; however, talking about these issues is often the first step in getting help. We are a confidential service, and you can contact us any time to kind of break into talking about these problems. We don't judge our callers for these struggles and we don't report them to anyone, unless a youth asks us to.

We also can help you look up mental health service providers that exist in your area; you also can do this by using findtreatment.samhsa.gov. There, you can find service providers, as well as information about what payment methods they accept, which services they provide, and in what settings they provide services. We also encourage you to reach out to friends as sources of support in these difficult times. Friends often can help make you feel less alone with the problems you face, as they can empathize with you and provide you support. Additionally, you may want to try to engage in other activities you enjoy, such as art-making, journaling, sports, or anything else you love. If you would like our direct help, call us at 1-800-786-2929, or use our chat service available on our website, 1800runaway.org.

We are able to help you find resources that can try to keep you safer in the event you leave home, and we can help you assess your plan for running away to ensure that your plan is not dangerous. We also can provide you support during what certainly sounds like a trying time for you. Again, just call us for our service.

Best,
      NRS

• Iam 16 and iam having problems at home i want to leave i know the person ill ne staying with i will have a job there amd ill enroll my self into school. Is there a way to not be found

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It’s great that you were able to find out some information about our hotline. Hopefully we can help.

If you ever wanted to talk about what’s going on at home that’s making you want to runaway, we’re always here for you. Unfortunately, we’re non-directive at NRS, so we can’t really give out advice on how to not be found by police. It sounds like you have a plan already and are thinking about ways to stay in school, which is great. If the police do come across you, they usually will just return you home.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center, or use our chatting services via our website. However, the chatting service is not open 24/7. So the best way to tell us everything would be to just call into our hotline and talk to one of our trained liners.

Be safe, NRS

• I am 12 and I have thought about running away for about 1-2 years now. I have talked to kids help line and they helped but I still want to run away. I have 4 siblings and they all yell at me, throw stuff at me and tell me I am stupid and a waste of there time. I thought about committing suicide today actually. My family hates me and I feel like I am a ghost to them. My mum never listens to me and at school everyone has noticed that I am a lot more depressed than I used to be.
    My bff told me I used to be so bright with my head up and a big smile across my face. Now she says, it's like my head is in the clouds and it hasn't came back down. I don't smile as much and am a lot more distant from everyone.
    I have a boyfriend that tried committing suicide infront of me and thankfully I stopped him. I wouldn't be here if he hadn't have done that. He showed me once I end my life so many people will miss me and many people will have holes in there heart. I still feel like running away and I have an emergency run away bag packed in my cupboard. I haven't ran yet cos I don't know where I will go.
    Please get back to me ASAP. If anyone feels the same as me please let me know I I know I'm not alone!

Comment

• ccsmod4
      Super Moderator
      • May 2007

Reply: I am 12 and I have thought about running away

Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
      We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about what you have been feeling.
      You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
      NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My family refuses to admit I'm trans and ignores me. They don't get anything. My mom used to have a severe drinking problem and used all of our future savings on alcohol and drugs. My dad is in another state and hates me. My step dad doesn't like me at all and doesn't remember I'm trans at all, or he ignores it. My sister and siblings ignore it too and refuse to ignolage it. They wouldn't care if I starved to death really. I just really wanna run away sometimes. I want someone to get it.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about the issues with your family. You deserve to be respected and accepted regardless of your gender. You could contact Trans Lifeline (1-877-565-8860) for support. It sounds like you want to runaway, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to runaway, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't illegal , but if you were to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. You could try asking your parents if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. If you don't feel safe at home, you could contact CPS. We hope that this information is helpful, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any questions or just want to talk.

• I really want to runaway at 12 but I have no where to go. My parents hate me. Just 5 minutes ago my mom just said “******** you”. My dad makes fun of me because I can’t say some words right. And they always saying I’m a stupid child. I feel like I depression and nobody really at school likes to hang out with me. So during lunch I would always eat lunch is the class room with my home room teacher. I finally made my mind up just runaway but where should I go? Please help.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there thank you for reaching out for help.

It seems like you are aren’t getting the support you deserve from your parents and its affecting your whole life in a negative way. Your parents shouldn’t be calling you names, or making you feel bad for trying to say words right. It’s understandable that you want the situation to change, even if it means running away.

First thing is that if you do runaway go somewhere safe, usually this means to a friend or family members’ house, or going to a local shelter. Most shelters do have to contact the parents of minors who stay there within 24 hours but it would be a place to sleep and something to eat.

There are other options you may not have thought of yet either. You might consider joining an after-school program to try and limit how long you have to deal with your parents. This might also help you to make friends with others at your school. Even if your parents aren’t going to be nice to you, does not mean others won’t be either. It seems like your homeroom teacher eats lunch with you, they could be worth talking to even if it is just to get this off your chest. Last you could also talk to the school counselor and try to get counseling help for the depressive feelings you have been feeling.

It stinks that you are going through so much so young, and hopefully this is helpful. You don’t deserve to be treated like that by your mom and dad. We are here to help if you have more questions or just need someone to talk with. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or you can Chat with us online through our website.

• Hi I really want to run away I hate me life I’m getting bullied called a snake and a lot of other things I have never told anyone about this except my friends I don’t feel safe I also wanted to commit suicide I just really want to talk to someone about it and if they could help I just hate my life

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounds like you are going through a lot right now, so we are glad you are reaching out to us in your time of need because we are here to help. We know that reaching out for help can be difficult, but contacting us is a great first step in figuring out your options.

In your message you mentioned that you wanted to commit suicide and that you hate your life. We want you to know that you are not alone and that there are people out there who can talk to you about your feelings. Have you tried talking about your situation with a trusted friend, adult, or relative? Someone who could help with your bullying situation. If you feel unable to talk about your feelings with someone you know, we want to empower you to reach out to emergency services by phone or in person to talk through those feelings. To Write Love on Her Arms has a Crisis Text Line that offers free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. A trained crisis counselor receives the text and responds quickly anywhere and anytime. You can reach them by Texting TWLOHA to 741-741. You may also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org to talk through your feelings. They have trained crisis workers that offer 24/7, free and confidential support.

You also talked about wanting to run away and that you don’t feel safe. Our number one concern is your safety, so have you thought about where you would go if you were to leave home? If you can’t think of a safer environment that you know of, we may be able to help look for shelters or other resources that may help you. If you wanted to discuss options, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're anonymous, confidential and available 24/7.

As we mentioned, we are here to help, but we are also here to listen. We are available to talk through other options, listen to what going's on, and just be a general support to you on our hotline.

Best of Luck

• hi im 14 and i wanna run away but i have nowhere to go. i was adopted at a very young age and it bugs me that i don't know who my real parents are. i want to find them but my mom that adopted me doesn't want me going to see them and i have no contact with my real family. i get bullied a lot at school but the school doesn't do anything about it. the bulling follows me out side of school and it brings me to where i shut down and feel like i have nowhere to go and i don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod1
          Super Moderator
          • May 2007

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about all that you have been going through and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home and at school. We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that because you are a minor, if you leave home and your parents file a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your mom to help you discuss with her finding out about your real parents or thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We have a conference call service so that a liner can be on the phone with you and your mom so that you can feel safe and supported expressing your feelings. We could also help you talk to her about the bullying so that she might be able to help you with that subject as well.

Give us a call so we can best help,

NRS
          Last edited by ccsmod1; 08-15-2018, 12:32 AM.
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• I am 12 and i want to run away i am self harmed if someone get me mad i cutt myself and i been thinking of running away or suicide and my life is stressful depression and my mom she calls me un grateful and felty and dirty she said that she is put up with me and my atttuide she had kicked me out the house before and said that is is going to give me to foster care

Comment

• ccsmod4
              Super Moderator
              • May 2007

Reply: I am 12 and i want to run away

Hello,
              Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be called names or have threats against you.
              It is not your fault that this is happening. This may feel like an isolating time for you but you are not alone. It seems like harming your-self only adds more to what you are already going through. Remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
              If you are feeling at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately. You might consider contacting The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800- 273-8255 and also To Write Love on Her Arms they are a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and invest directly into treatment and recovery.
              To reach them click on the link below.
              www.twloha.com

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
              Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
              You did a good job reaching out today. Good for you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
              NRS

Comment

• hi im Luna
                im 13 and i want too run away to a diffrent state i live in Colorado and i wanna run to Kentucky
                i have some probmles
                1. my mom will call the cops
                2. how to i get to Kntucky
                3.i have no money
                4. ive run away before but ive been forced to come back
                these are things im scared of
                my mom uses me a a puppet shes framed me many times im like her little play toy i dont wanna live like this anymore she has actually hit me too
                what do i do?

Comment

• ccsmod10
                  ccsmod10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Luna,

Thanks for reaching out to us at NRS.

Sorry to hear things haven’t been going so great at home. You mentioned that your mom has hit you before; although we’re not sure about the details, it is possible that your mom’s behavior could be considered abuse. You can always call Child Help at (800) 422-4453 to talk further about the situation and see if you would be interested in filing an abuse report against your mom. It is hard to say exactly what will happen as a result of making an abuse report, but it is possible that you could be allowed to stay somewhere other than with your mom. If you would like to talk further about making this call, you can always call us at (800) 786-2929 and we can also make the report with you or for you, if you decide to do so. Please know that if you are ever feeling in immediate danger, you can always call the cops, as well.

It sounds like you have decided that Kentucky is the best place for you to go—is there someone out there who you were planning to live with? If you are not interested in reporting the abuse, but you think your mom might be agreeable to your staying with another adult, she is able to give permission for you to stay with someone else. We are always available, 24/7, and completely confidential if you want to talk more about your situation and explore resources/options for you to take.

Best of luck,
                  NRS

• Hi I'm ten years old and I "homeschool". What actually happens at home is that my mom slaps me in the face if I make one mistake and if I ever say "I don't know" to her she hits me with things. I am a long haired boy and I want to be a dog breeder when I grow up. Because I am "different" my mom is mean to me. I live in California, about an hours drive from San Francisco. I want to run away but I need a buddy to help me. And if I do run away, I'm not sure where to go. Please help me NRS

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about the way your mom has been treating you. A boy your age (or any age) never deserves to be slapped for making mistakes. We hope you continue to be “different” in your own special way and are able to find a safe place where you can grow up and become what you want to be.

As far as leaving home is concerned, as you write—it is really important to have a buddy to help you and a place to go. You are a wise boy and we are happy that you have written to us for help. There are organizations that are there for children whose homes feel unsafe. You may want to call the CHILD HELP hotline. Their number is 1800 422 4453. You can also try the Child Protective Services in San Francisco, at 800 856 5553.

We hope this helps. If you would like, you can call our hotline at 1800 786 2929 and we can speak more about what has been going on at home and how you can find a safe place to go. We could also conference call and reach out to some resources together. Thank you again for writing to us, and we hope things get better for you soon.

• I am 13 and live with my aunt and uncle my dad pasted away when I was 6 and my mom.gave up on me I get punched slammed choked beat I am thinking about running away for 2 years now even so I been thretened to be given up and other things i dont feel i shoud say as results I cry myself to sleep wishing I just won't wake up the next day I just want to leaveplease help

Comment

• ccsmod15
                  ccsmod15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello there, thanks for reaching out during this difficult time. We are so sorry to hear you are being abused by your aunt and uncle, nobody deserves to be treated that way. You have the right to report any abuse to a teacher, counselor or other mandated reporter. We at the National Runaway Safeline can also help you make a report if you need some additional support.
                  You also mentioned you have been thinking about running away. Just to let you know, we are not legal experts and we cannot tell you what you should or should not do. If you are a minor and leave home, the parent or legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. Typically, in most places running away is considered a ‘status offence’. This means that even though it is not against the law, anyone you are caught with could possibly be charged with ‘harboring a runaway.’ If you need an emergency place to go, check out https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/.
                  You have the right to be safe in your own home. It sounds like you have endured quite a lot and we would encourage you to contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY so we can help you take your next steps. Take care and please stay safe.
              Working...
              X