Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanna run. i'm younger than most of you guys though. i'm eight. but my parents are treating me like a servant half of the time! I mop and clean and vaccom and feed the dog and make the bed and once I cooked dinner! at least they treat me nice on my birthday. I have some money but it's mostly coins and some American bills. I have a phone and a computer. i'm ready to leave but I can't find a time to. aslo, I don't think i'm ready to dumster-dive yet. I want to runaway with someone. but my brother is four and my friends don't live near me. my address is Wilson st. I don't know the number. I have four neighbours. i'm a the middle house. i'm austraila woganga if you want to go with me.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Thank you for reaching out to National runaway Safeline. You do not deserve to feel like a slave in your own home. Child Help is a great resource regarding how your parents are treating you. You can reach them at 1800-422-4453 or visit their live chat at childhelp.org. It is great that you are thinking of you options and how they could potentially affect you.
      You are a minor so your parents are still legally responsible for you and where you go. We can discuss all of this further if you call our hotline at 1800-786-2929 or chat with us via our live chat at www.1800runaway .org. We are available 24/7 and are confidential.
      Stay safe!
      National runaway Safeline

• My mom and dad cuss at me and i want to run away! I cut just started a few days ago and i dont feel alone but i have a gf who lives 10 states away and i want to go see her. Im also lesbian

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it seems like you are going through a really difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be cussed at all the time. Also cutting can be dangerous and we hope you have a safety plan. A good resource that you may want to contact is NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses). They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI.
      Also you mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to help and to listen.
      NRS

• I’m 13 years old and I’m scared. I’m planning to kill myself if I don’t run away in the time I have too. When it becomes the 4th of July I am forced to get a fake ID and go dancing inside a nightclub with my cousins , I am forced to find a boyfriend and not talk to people online or offline that don’t do anything what we do. I think I have anxiety because of how many times my mother has told me I’m obese and I’ll be homeless before I know it. I love my mother and father they are wonderful parents. They take me to Disney world they give me all I want. But I’m just so terrified of what I’m suppose to do. I don’t want to die but I don’t know what to do. I’m scared knowing how mad and upset they’d be if I ran away. I’d rather at that point be dead then be hated by my parents. I’m so sorry I don’t know what to do I’m so scared . I have met someone online that I’ve told my story , I’m not suppose to be talking to people online but I have caught feelings for this person and hoping to move in with them some day. He is also in a bad living place at the moment. He’s transgender and forced to get married at an older age. We are planing to run away together I’m pretty sure I might be on my own for a while because he still has time and it’s hard for him to let go. I just wanna know how to live my own life and run I’m so sorry if I mess up my words at all because I am shaking. I’m scared and I’m so sorry ❤️

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Thank you for sharing with us your story it seems like you have gone through a lot over the years. You should not be forced to do things you do not want to do. If you feel uncomfortable you may want to consider telling the police or a trusted adult.
      You also mentioned suicide, we want you to know that your life is valuable and you are worth living. Suicide is a permeant decision to a temporary situation. You can contact The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and willing to help. You also may want to consider talking with a school counselor or therapist about what you are dealing with.
      You also mentioned wanting to runaway, which is a big decision. We are not here to tell you what to do or not to do, but we will give some information to you. If you were to run away your legal guardian could file a runaway report and if the police find you they most likely would bring you home. Also going with someone you met online can be dangerous especially at your age.
      We hope that this information may help you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• Hi I’m 11 and I want to run away because of my parents and I’m facing pain in my life because of my dad and I have really bad anxiety and my parents make it worse and the worse thing I could have done on the baddest day of my life is steal 9 scrunches.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-04-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you. What you have been experiencing sounds very sad. Your feelings are important and they matter.
      You are deserving as anyone that wants to be happy.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

• My life sucks and parents tell at me for no reason

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We are sorry you are going through a really difficult time. You do not deserve to be yelled at and we are sorry you are dealing with all of that.
      To best help you we would need to know more about your situation and what is going on. We are here 24/7 so please feel free to contact us at any time. Best of luck to you!
      NRS

• i am 12 years old and i also want to run away... i have a friends house which i can run away to and her mum is completely fine since she knows what goes on at home... she wants to adopt be but i need my mums consent and she would NEVER say yes... if my mum found out i ran away, there is no telling what she would do...

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
      Running away is a big decision that only you can make as you know your situation the best. We are not legal experts but if you do decide to run away your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you home. Also whoever you were to stay with could potentially get in trouble for harboring a runaway.
      You may want to consider talking to a trusted adult or to a school counselor. Talking to someone may help you get support and they may be able to provide options for you.
      We hope that this information will be useful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• Well, I’m 12 and I just want to run away.

Maybe this website isn’t safe. But personally I don’t care right now. I feel really sad and I just don’t feel like I’m in the right mental state to continue. I just got into a fight with my father and now my mother is making me apologize to him. I don’t want to apologize though, because he’s deserves to be told he is wrong. Same with my mother. Yet, they still want me to apologize. They know I’ve been going to the counselor at my school and how I’ve been having problems because of them. It really feels like they don’t care. I just want to run away so bad, what do I do?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us —we’re glad that you did. First, just to reassure you we are a safe website and are totally confidential, but it's smart for you to be cautious about sharing things online! It sounds like you’re having a hard time with your parents and you’re considering running away. It must be frustrating to feel you don't deserve to be treated the way you are or unfairly made to apologize. You have a right to your feelings and we try to honor them here.

Feeling sad is a normal part of life, but it surely isn't fun to go through. Perhaps you can find some support with your school counselor. Another resource you might find helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness at www.nami.org or by calling them at 1-800-950-NAMI. You deserve to be listened to and supported.

You mention running away, which is a really big decision. Some things to think about might be how your parents would react, where you would go, how you would stay safe, and so on. Just so you know, if you do run away your parents have a right to make a report with the police. Running away isn't a crime, but if you are found you will be taken back home (most likely).

This doesn't mean you don't have options -- you surely do. We just would need more information from you to help you figure out what you might want to do next. The best way for us to help is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online via www.1800runaway.org. We are here 24/7 and are a confidential, safe place to talk about these sorts of things.

Please be safe. We hope to talk to you soon!

NRS

• I’m 12 almost 13 and I have two homes since my parents are split and I dislike both when I’m with my dad he mentally abuses me and plays mind games making me think I’m worse or a person and I’m scared to not meet his expectations because he will punish me in horrible ways and at my moms I’m always stuck at home and my parents think I have started huffing aerosol becaus I sleep a lot and eat a lot and just act weird is what they say but I can’t tell if they are just messing with me or what they just piss me off and make me frustrated and I wanna move with a relative but I really don’t wanna leave my school because I have a lot of good friends I just need a second opinion I guess

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You're very courageous to be so open in looking for help. We are very sorry to hear you are being so badly mistreated at home. Just so you know, mental abuse still counts as abuse -- and you certainly don't deserve that. If you feel you want to report what's going on you can always contact your state's Child Protective Services hotline. Or we can make a report for you if you give us a call and ask us to. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. It's totally up to you, though. We never tell anyone what to do.

It sounds like your parents may be misunderstanding your behavior and perhaps are accusing you falsely. That must really hurt. You deserve to be heard and understood and cared for. It sounds like you would like to move in with a relative but have some concerns about leaving your school and your friends there. That totally makes sense. While we can't really give our opinion as to what you should do, we may want to consider a few things. For instance, would you have permission to live with this relative? If you leave on your own without permission that becomes a bit more complicated as you would be considered a runaway and anyone you stay with could be accused of harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor.

But even if you do have permission from your parents to live elsewhere it sounds like you still have some apprehensions. Perhaps you would be able to live with this relative and still attend your current school. Or maybe you would be able to at least keep up with your current friends even if you transferred to a different school. There are lots of possibilities.

We would like to help you figure out what you'd like to do next or how to handle the situation you currently are in. The best way for us to do that is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7, are anonymous, and never judge or tell anyone what to do. If you'd rather chat with us you can also do that via the portal at www.1800runaway.org.

Please stay safe and know that there is hope despite all that you're going through. We are here to listen, here to help.

NRS

• Hi I’m 12 and I want to run away from home. The reason for this is because firstly my 2 younger brother find me annoying and always get me into trouble. My parents take everything really serious and always compare me to other children who they know. Recently my mum and I haven’t been getting along. She always blames everything on me and says that whatever I do is wrong and it’s all because of my phone and technology nowadays. My dad is okay I guess. He helps me on a few things and just tells me to calm down but is still really strict like my mum. Both my parents don’t agree with anything I do. They never let me go out with my friends or be in contact with them or go to their parties and mostly because they don’t trust me. They don’t let me have ANY social media at all. My friends talk behind my back and whenever I tell my parents they just laugh. My mum told me that she wants to send me to a care home and put me up for adoption. I really love my family and sometimes I am so sad that I cry myself to sleep at night. This really pisses me of and I need serious help. I’ve been looking at things to pack and take when running away from home but then again I don’t if I’m making the right choices as it could make things worse. This is the first time I’ve shared anything like this before and experience it too. It’s really hard to cope with it especially at a young age. I want to live a happy cheerful life but I can’t make up my mind. Please please NRS I’m begging for your help!

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

We are sorry to hear about all your difficulties at home. It sounds like you feel very misunderstood and aren't being taken seriously. That really is frustrating. It makes sense that you want this to change. The question is, as you say, whether running away will make things better...or possibly worse. Here are some things to think about when considering running away: Where would you stay? How would you remain safe? How will your basic needs be cared for? How would running away affect your schooling? How would your parents react? It's a very big decision to face. Fortunately, you don't have to face it alone as we are here for you.

One thing you might want to keep in mind is that if you leave home without permission your parents have the right to file a runaway report on you. Running away isn't a crime, but it is a status offense like breaking curfew. If you are found by authorities, most likely you would be returned home. Anyone you stay with could be accused of harboring a runway, which is a crime. Those are just some legal facts to consider.

We'd like to help you further but need more information in order to do so. The best way for us to do that is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7 and are confidential. Or you can chat with us via the portal at www.1800runaway.org.

Please know things can get better. Stay safe. We hope to hear from you soon!

NRS

• I'm 12, I'm a girl, have friends but don't really talk to them.... I love my mom, my dad and step mom love me, but they never pay attention to me, It sometimes feels like i dont exist to them, their only job is to parent me and get me to do chores. I want to run away to my mom and stepdad but I'm a really kind person and dont want my father's feelings to be hurt. And dont want to get my mom in trouble, plus she probably wont agree with it. She lives so far away. And I still want to go to school because I'm super smart and school is an escape place for me. So what if I bring all my money, cut off with my dad and stepmom, keep in contact with my mom. And to buy food I can help people around the neighborhood with yardwork and stuff? But then they might report me to the police, and how will my dad react when I get home? Then again I'll miss all my dogs. I have 6 3 at my dad's and 3 at my mom's. I just dont know what to do, if I want attention I have to ask for it, or wait for a game night we have like once a month... that's not what a dad is right? My mom gives me attention whether I like it or not, and I love her for that. I never have good feelings when my dad's bedroom door opens though, if they open my door or call me over, I know I did something wrong, or need to do chores, or need to do homework. I'm not good on calls. But I hope you can help. I dont want to leave, but maybe if they dont have me, when they get me back they will pay more attention to me, or just whatch me to make sure i dont run away again. But all I ever wanted was school and my mom, soooo ya.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to dad and step mom how you have been feeling and want to spend more time together doing family stuff. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I’ve been thinking about running away for awhile now, but I’m afraid of what will happen. Awhile ago, in july/august, I was forced to move in with my dad. He’s been really hard on me and doesn’t understand how I feel at all. I don’t have anywhere to go or anyone to listen, but I think I’m going to run away. I’ve told my mom about how my dad makes me feel, but she doesn’t understand either. I’m only 12 and I have no idea what to do at this point. I want out of this house and it doesn’t feel like home. Will I get in trouble for running away? What’s going to happen if I do

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to write us here at NRS. It can certainly be stressful at home when the adults in the household are not supportive. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you.

Generally speaking, your parents are your legal guardians until you turn 18, so they can decide where you live. If you do choose to leave without permission, your parents can report you as a runaway to the police. Running away is not illegal, but it is a status offense. This means your parents can have the police return you home.

The easiest way to leave home as a minor is with your parents’ permission. In this case, they would be allowing you to live somewhere else where you are safe and being cared for. A helpful step is to start reaching out to friends and family members you might be able to stay with. Sometimes having an adult advocate on your side can make communicating your needs more effective to your parents. Perhaps an adult family member, a friend's parent or a counselor at school can talk to your parents with you about your experience at home and the possibility of you leaving.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• im 15 im reallly stressing on grades and my mom always expects good from me and i dont like school i get lazy with it and i feel like running away at times because how stressed i am i just wanna go on my skateboard and make my way because she is always on me for grades and we argue about my grades. and i just feel like crying cuz i feel like a failure

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Well you're definitely not a failure. It's completely understandable that you are stressed and feeling like your mom is always on you about your grades. You are not alone. We are here if you ever need to talk. We can listen and help you talk through some of your options. We are here for you, and we would love to help you in any way we can. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Hope to hear from you soon,
      NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• Hello. I'm 11 but almost 12 I really want to run away. Im scared of where to go. Would I need to run away from police? My reason is when the parents who adopted me give me into trouble I cry. They usually shout at me after "Why are you crying? Do you want me to give you something to cry about?!" That scares me! I don't like this family. All the secrets they must have hidden from me. Why didn't my real parents want me? They didn't die after my birth. 4 years later my sister came along. She's in a different family. I don't like it I wanna run away. But where to go?

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. We are sorry you are not getting along with your adoptive family. You may be able to speak with your social worker if you have one about these issues you are facing and how they are treating you. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I'm 11 and want to run away and kill myself everyone hates me and is getting divorced its never about me its always about someone else and I'm sick of it i just want it to stop

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for contacting NRS and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. It can certainly be very isolating and lonely when you feel like you don't have anyone to lean on for support. We are sorry to hear you are under so much stress right now due the divorce in your family.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Reaching out to a school counselor, a family member or another adult that you trust could also be a good outlet for you as well.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I’m 12 years old and I wanna run away because I’ve never liked my mom or step dad and they are mentally bad for me, also it’s mental abuse that happens to me and a little bit of abuse and I really want to run away I had to barricade my door shut please help I want to run away.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be abused in any type of way. One option to consider is talking with your school counselor about what has been going on. Another option to consider is to call The Child help Hotline at: 1800-422-4453. You can also call us and we would be more than happy to help.
      You mentioned running away, we are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home.
      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS
Working...
X