I want to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away

My mom is nice sometimes and I love her I am sixteen years old and have two younger siblings, sometimes hse hits us really bad and she will say nasty things to us I suffered with self harm almost a year ago now and I can't stay near or around her without wanting to self harm again so I want to leave. I consider myself to be a very rational person and I am upset that I am even considering leaving without my siblings but I just can't take it anymore. If I don't leave tonight I think I'll leave tomorrow I'll tell my dad to take me in since my parents are divorced(my siblings father is in prison). I need to leave and was wondering if someone could give me a list of youth shelters in Fort Lauderdale Florida. And if you have any tips on how and what to pack for when I leave just in case my dad is too scared to take me in. Thank you.

re: I want to run away

Hey there,

It sounds like you are having a tough time communicating with your mom. No one should have to go through abuse, and you always have a right to report what is happening to you. You can call Child Help USA that can help form a plan for you at 1-800-422-4453. If you are uncomfortable speaking with the police, we can call with you too. So those are some options you have if you would like to try them. We are sorry to hear that being at home makes you want to self-harm. If you are having thoughts of harming yourself at all you can always contact the national suicide prevention lifeline on their website at www.nationalsuicidepreventionlifeline.org. Both options are available 24/7.

We are non-directive here, so we aren’t in a place to tell you what to do and what to take with you. In general, you may want to think about what you would personally need with you if you leave. Sometimes it is hard to get into a shelter right away, if there are any at all where you are looking to go. So you may also want to think of how you would survive and what your backup plan is.

The list below are a few shelters in Fort Lauderdale Florida for your use:

Covenant House Florida 1-800-683-8338

Lutheran Services 954-568-2801

For further support, we strongly encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Good luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X