Not Happy at home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Happy at home

I live with my mom and my step dad. I also stay with my brother and sister. My step dad has hit my mom several times and I have faught him. I hate him. I am arguing with my sister and brother. My mom is really strict. I'm 18 and I decided not to go to college. My mom will most likely hit me and I'm not happy at home or school. I feel like I want a new start. I love my family, but I just don't want to be at home anymore. I live in Chicago, illinois. Please tell me what should I do if I plan to runaway?

re: not happy at home

Hello,

It sounds like you are having a tough time communicating with your parents lately. You deserve to be respected. No one should have to go through abuse, and you always have a right to report what is happening to you. You can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline for assistance at 1-800-799-7233. Also there is Child Help USA that can help form a plan for you as well at 1-800-422-4453. If you are uncomfortable speaking with the police, we can call with you too. So those are some options you have if you would like to try them.

A good resource to use to find shelter is the national shelter directory. You can search for shelters in the Chicago area on their website which is http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/. In general, you may want to think about what you would need to take with you if you leave. Sometimes it is hard to get into a shelter right away, if there are any at all where you are looking to go. So you may also want to think of how you would survive and what your backup plan is.

We understand that you want to leave home and would be more than happy to discuss some options with you. Your conversation with us would be completely anonymous and confidential. For further support, we strongly encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X