Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am 17 and would like to move out of my parents house without there consent.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 17 and would like to move out of my parents house without there consent.

I am 17 turning 18 here soon but my fiance is only 17 an has a few months to go. I was wondering if it was possible for her to move out of here house an into mine at 17 legally after she graduates???

Re: I am 17 and would like to move out of my parents house without there consent.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I hope we can help you figure out a way to resolve this situation.

Although we cannot give legal advice, in most states a young person reaches majority at age 18, and up until that age the person’s parent or guardian can control where the person lives. It is possible, however, that your state is different, and if you call us at 1 800 RUNAWAY we can try to put you in touch with an agency that could give you legal advice in the state where you live. Another option is to call your local non emergency police line and ask hypothetically how they handle runaway cases for 17 year olds. If her parent or guardian agrees to the move then generally that is all that is needed.

So please feel free to give us a call anytime at 1 800 RUNAWAY. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X