Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family issues

Hi

I'm 15 years old and I live with my mother my parents have been divorced for about a year now and it's been really hard for me knowing that I've always lived with both of my parents . My mom has a husband and my dad also has a wife now . My moms new husband always curses and says bad words and is always disrespectful until one day I got tired of it (Oh and I also have a six year old brother) . Well one day my step dad is yelling at my brother talking about respect and I just get passed and I told him first of all who are you to talk about respect you disrespect everyone and expect everyone to treat you With respect and I cursed at him and I just got pissed . Ever since this occurred my mom has been treating me awfully everyone in my house honestly . I get home from school I go straight to my room I don't leave my room for anything I have a shower in my bathroom . I eat at school with the money my that puts in my bank account and only eat at school . I take uber everyday to school .. I don't know if this problem eventually is going to go away or not but I'm deciding wether I should move with my father or not and I love my mom with all my life and I can't decide on what to do it is very difficult for me and I also don't want to leave my brother .

re: family issues

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out today and sharing your story here with us. It’s clear that you’re going through so much at home right now with your stepdad and mom. It sounds like you feel that your mom and step dad is disrespectful to you. You deserve to live in a place where you are valued and celebrated. So let’s see how we can help you out.

It’s smart of you to reach out. Going through a divorce can be so difficult – especially if you feel like you are going through it all alone. Nice job on reaching out and posting here. Leaving home can be a difficult decision to make for sure. It sounds like you care a lot about the people you live with and you don’t want to make things difficult for them, but that you feel like leaving is the only way to make things easier for you. It’s understandable why you’re thinking about leaving for sure. Our goal is to make sure that you are safe in whatever you decide to do. If you decide to leave it can be really important to have a solid plan in place. Thinking through these questions and spending a lot of time on the answers can be a good way to help you decide –
    Where will I stay?
    How will I get food, shelter, transportation?
    What would happen if I returned home?
    If I left, how will I survive?
    Who can I depend on for support if I leave home?
    If things don’t go right, what is my plan b?

We hope that this helps to answer some of your questions. If you’d like to talk more about any of this, please call or chat with us through our website. We are here to support you in any way that we can.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X