running away for getting more freedom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running away for getting more freedom

I dont know if this is a stupid thing to do but ive been thinking of running away multiple times cause of my parents not giving me enough freedom and stuff. Sometimes i just cant take it i feel like one day imma just let everything out and leave but the thing is that i dont want them to look for me as long as they know that im okay i need some space from arguing with my parents about whether letting me hang out with my friends and stuff. Im usually stuck at home and it gets me so mad and really stressed that i cant even go out and do something with my friends cause my parents dont allow it i honestly have a bad temper and been dealing with depression for 4 years now and its really hard for me not to do the things i want without my parents always saying this and that treating me like a 5 year old keeping me at home 24/7 i dont know what to do its just to much for me right now. I want to run away without them calling the cops and making a big deal out of it. I just dont know

RE: running away for getting more freedom

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what is going on with you. It sounds like you are in a tough situation, and like you are suffering with depression and feeling like your parents treat you like a 5 year old. That sounds frustrating. It sounds like arguing constantly over being able to hang out with your friends is really hard for you. You said you want to run away without your parents calling the police, looking for you, or “making a big deal out of it.” If you run away, unfortunately you cannot control your parents’ reaction. As long as you are under 18, they have a right to call the police if you leave without permission, and since it sounds like they are pretty strict about where you go, it seems likely that they will call the police and look for you.

Another thing to consider is how you will survive if you run away. Running away is not a crime, however anyone who allows you to stay with them could risk criminal charges for harboring a runaway. If you have any questions or you need to talk, we are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X