i hate my life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate my life

i cant take it anymore. i dont have a father and my mom is mnetal. i hate it at home. i want 2 runaway but idk how.

Re: i hate my life

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are sorry you are having such a difficult time at home. It must be hard not to have a father in your life and to have a mother who has mental health issues. How have you been coping? Who do you have to talk to about this? You said that you hate it at home, which sounds like a tough place to be right now. What exactly is it that you hate? What would it take for you to feel okay at home?

You also stated that you want to runaway but that you do not know how. We are non-directive here so we cannot tell you how to run away. However, we would be happy to talk with you about options at our 24 hr hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY.

In most states it is not considered illegal to runaway, but many states consider harboring a runaway a crime. What this generally means is that if you stay with someone and your mom does not give you permission, that person could potentially get in trouble. Some states also have something called “contributing to the delinquency of a minor” which may be something to think about when deciding where to stay. We are not legal experts here so we cannot tell you the specifics as far as the consequences for these crimes, but we can provide you with referrals for your area based on your city/state.

If you do leave and find that you need a place to stay, we are able to look up runaway youth shelters in our database. Most shelters will have to contact your parent/ guardian and/ or consent within a certain period of time anywhere from immediately to 72 hours. This is so they do not get in legal trouble. However, if you feel this is an option for you, you are welcome to call us at our hotline.

We hope that this helps and if there is anything else we can do, do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are confidential and available 24/7. We wish you luck and hope that things get better at home.

- NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

my mom and i always fight. i had to be hospitallized a while back from an asthma attack because we had a fight. i hate hospitals. i spent the first year of my life in one alot because i had two surgerys.

so far ive been bottling this up. i have a boyfriend, hes nice, but im not allowed to date him. my mom says im too young. im 14.

i hate school too. people always tease me. my mom wont drive me to school even tho the bus ride to/from school is the worst. people call me all sorts of stuff and throw things at me even tho i just sit there and listen to music most of the time.

i hate always fighting with my mom. shes not physically abusive, but i guess you could say emotionally abusive. bottling this up is hard on me 2 because i feel like im gonna explode from all of it. not literaly.

last night i had a nightmare that my mom got ahold of a gun and pointed it at me. its not the first time ive had a nightmare like that, but im afraid because of her mental health stuff.

thanks.

Comment

Wow. It sounds like you are dealing with so much right now—issues surrounding your mom to problems with peers at school. That is a lot to handle all by yourself! We are so glad that you chose to share a little bit about your life with us.

From what you have told us, it sounds like there are a lot of different things upsetting you right now—you are unhappy with your relationship with your mom, you aren’t allowed to date your boyfriend, and kids at school are bullying you. Out of all of these big issues, what do you think is bothering you the most right now? Sometimes it can be less overwhelming to address things separately. What is the first thing you would like to see change?

It sounds like that your relationship with your mom is something that is very hard for you. When you say she has “mental health stuff”, what do you mean by that? Do you know what sorts of issues she is dealing with? Have you two been able to discuss her health? Sometimes, learning about mental health can make it easier to deal with. What sorts of things would you like to say to your mom about her mental health?

Another issue you brought up is how you have been bottling up your feelings. How do you think this is affecting you right now? From what you wrote, it seems like you would like to have more of an outlet for your emotions. Is that right? When you think about ways that you could process some of your emotions, what comes to mind? Are there any activities that you could do? Are there people you can talk to?

When you think about how you want your life to be, what do you think the first step is to get that? How can you attain your goals?

We are here for you 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are anonymous and confidential and there is always someone here to listen.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

im not sure which is the biggest problem. its a tie between my mom and the bullying.

she has depression and bipolar. she was an alcaholic after i was born because she was so upset about my dad leaving her, but now shes not. were also kinda poor. we have food stamps and my mom is struggling to afford a civil citation she just got for 150 dollers. she doesnt have a job. her mental health effects the way she does things, so she cant have one. she gets money from the goverment. i also heard we have overdue bills, and im afraid ill wake up one morning and be evicted from our apartment if she doesnt pay the rent.

i think bottling this up is bad for me because im tempted to runaway or kill myself. i want an outlet. i dont want my friends or my boyfriend to know.

i want my life to be good. i want my daddy in my life. i want to be not so poor anymore. i want people to just leave me alone and let me live my life.

Comment

Thank you for continuing to share so honestly with us. It sounds like your mom’s mental illness and your family’s economic situation is causing you a lot of stress. You wrote that you want an outlet, but that you don’t want your friends or boyfriend to know. Who would you like to tell? Do you have any teachers that you trust? Or what about your friends’ or boyfriends’ parents? There are adults out there who care and who may be able to help you deal with some of this big stuff.

It is really hard dealing with a parent’s mental illness and you must be incredible strong to be carrying all of these worries around. But, you deserve to be happy. Do you know if she sees a counselor? Have you guys ever talked about going to family counseling or you going by yourself? What do you think of that idea? If you are interested in this, we can provide you a referral to a free or low-cost counseling.

One of the specific worries you mentioned was that you and your mom might be evicted from your apartment. Has anything like that happened before? What do you think might happen if you were evicted? Are there friends or family you could stay with? If you ever did need to find a shelter, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we could help you find a safe place to say.

Do you think you would be willing to try and talk to some people before trying to runaway or kill yourself? We are worried about your safety. Would you be willing to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY? Or, would you call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK? We hope that you decide to call us so that we can talk with you about everything that is going on in your life.

Take Care,
            NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X