I don't know what to do.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do.

I have depression and anxiety, and that leads to a lot of self harm, running away, and even suicidal thoughts.
    I'm a good kid, I've never had drugs, I've never had alcohol, I never even smoked a cigarette.
    I told my parents once, and they just said I was saying that for attention.
    It's getting bad, I mean sometimes it's okay but then it's not and I don't know what to do.

RE: I don't know what to do.

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you have been dealing with some difficult issues for a while now and may not have received the support you were hoping for from family or those close to you. We imagine that hurts and is disappointing. We are glad you reached out to us, and we want to help in any way we can.

Depression and anxiety are not easy issues to handle which can be difficult for others to understand and may be reflected in their responses and reactions. It seems you have turned to self-harming as a coping skill. Sometimes exploring other safe and healthy coping techniques to manage depression and anxiety can be helpful too. Having a trusted person and safe place to share those thoughts may also make a difference in how you feel you are being supported. If you are feeling like you are stuck and don't know what may help, talking about it may be able bring insight to your situation and provide some solutions. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) or by visiting www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is a great hotline with online chat services available to those experiencing various issues such as depression, anxiety, self-injury, or suicidal thoughts. There are trained professionals that are compassionate and understanding to help you work through any scary thoughts or challenging situations you may be experiencing, just as we are here for you too here at NRS.

If you can call or chat with us, we would love to explore some options and other resources that may be helpful to you. We are free, confidential, non-judgmental, and available 24/7.

Please know that you do not have to go through this alone.

Take care and be safe,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X