Homophobic Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homophobic Parents

Okay so um hi. I'm *** and I'm pansexual ( it means I can love anybody ie. Girl, boy, trans, genderqueer, gender flux, gender fluid, and so on ). So basically my parents are strict Catholics. They know I'm pan so let's get that straight ( pun intended). My dad is basically like " your pan? That's soooo weird! Your so selfish! What do you want to be called a ***? Are you butch?" I facepalm at the last one. But yeah. The selfish part also went for when I thought if I tell him I'm bisexual he'd be okay and not freaked out. Well he did at that too. Fun. My mom is basically like " I belive in the word of God!!! You are not pansexual! That is well over discusting! Go to hell!" Thanks mom love ya too. They also hate when I dress in a more male way. I'm born a girl so they find it weird and fun to make fun of. I have to sneak my clothes to school and anywhere else that I care to try. I mean they still love me but they're like old school ******** when it comes to my sexuality and and me being gender flux. So yeah. Anybody out there feel me?
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 10-29-2015, 06:50 AM.

RE: Homophobic Parents

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like since coming out to your parents about identifying as pansexual, their reactions have been quite hurtful to you. You mentioned that they pick on you, but it seems you are just looking for support, love, and understanding for who you are, how you identify, and who you love. You don't deserve to be treated like that. We are sorry you are experiencing this, and we want you to know that you are not alone in this. If you would like to talk to someone about how you are feeling and explore some resources that may help you feel supported and understood, please reach out by phone 1-800-786-2929 or chat through our website www.1800runaway.org.

One resource, if we may encourage you to reach out to, is the GLBT National Youth Talkline at 1-800-246-PRIDE (1-800-246-7743), www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org where you may speak with other individuals who may be experiencing similar feelings and struggles you are facing with your family right now. The talkline is available M-F, 5pm-9pm (PST). It's free, confidential, and the telephone volunteers are in their teens and early twenties and speak with teens and young adults up to age 25 about coming-out issues, relationship concerns, parent issues, school problems, HIV/AIDS anxiety, safer-sex information, and many other things. We hope you consider reaching out. We can provide other resources too if you would like. We're just a phone call or chat away!

We wish you happiness and luck.

Take care,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 10-29-2015, 06:53 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X