Wish to live elsewhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish to live elsewhere

So, ever since ive been 2, my mom and dad split up, leaving me with my mom, at the age of 4, i started seeing my dad for an hour a week, and as i got older i would see him more. at this point im at 13, staying with my dad for the whole weekend, then coming back to my moms.
    i wish i could live with my dad, and before people start saying i just want to live with my dad because he may be more lenient on rules, and that would be a benefit, but why i desperately want to move, isnt the case.
    my mom has always just scratched the surface of emotional abuse, (i know this, a company called childline explained this to me after i told them exactly what its like)
    for example. i am afraid to tell things to my mom, that are very simple, because i am scared of how she would react, not exactly knowing what would happen, the past has made it so i wouldnt want to know what would happen.
    i have run away from my moms about, 5 times, 1st when i was 10, 2nd when i was 11, 3rd and 4th when i was twelve, and once, 2 weeks ago.
    my mom would also get angry at me, over very simple things, example, my room is untidy, not horribly, i would get shouted a really badly.
    i done something wrong in the house, my mom would pretty much neglect me for a day, would make a lack of communication (like she made some anyway) and would barely speak to me. she also never wants to do anything with me, or offers to, and is just, throwing my child hood away, im not allowed to go out, and i have to do EXACTLY as im told.
    with my dad, he makes time for me, he might have a long working job, but when hes off, well go out, to either the zoo, a theme park, or even just going to the pub with him to play pool, and i enjoy my time with him. this is why i want to live with him.
    also, my mom & partner arent doing any good for me.
    on Friday, i will go all day without seeing them, what so ever, they always go out drinking, without letting me know, and expecting me to fend for myself, and even though im 13, i hate being alone, ive even had, what i believe was a panic attack because i was by myself, or a nervous breakdown, i honestly dont know, i couldnt focus, i had an urge to just, cry, and i was starting to hyper ventilate, and thinking of worse case scenarios of what could happen. number 2, even though it is illegal at some parts, my moms partner will smoke gladly infront of me, passing on alot of second hand smoke onto me, smoking in the car (its illegal in the UK to smoke in a car with someone under 17) and when im in the car, doing 50 miles an hour, on 20 miles an hour roads, slamming the breaks, which at some point, i know will cause a crash.
    also, i found cannabis in my moms house, in the living room, right there, in a grinder, i was too scared to confront her about it, so when i went to my dads, i gave it to him, and he disposed of it.
    what can i do, i really want to live with my dad, he tried to win full custody with solicitors a few years ago, but didnt win.
    i hope something can happen soon

re: Wish to live elsewhere

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry that you feel as if you aren’t getting your needs met at home and are having difficulties with knowing what you can do next. It’s important that you feel safe, respected, and heard by the people in your life, and you do have options and ways to cope and manage with some of the things you are dealing with and feeling.

It sounds as if you are located in the UK. Our specific hotline office is located within the United States, with referrals to resources and other services within this area and are limited in providing information outside the country. One resource that you may have already tried that may be helpful is the Child Helpline at +31 20 528 9625.

Again, it sounds like you’re facing so much right now and we hope that some of this has been helpful.

Thank you and take care,

The National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

upset

I want to get away from my family for a few days. i cant focus in class so i get bad grades. i want ti go to therapy but when i told my mom she said okay and did nothing so now im on here for help

Comment

Re: upset

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our online forum. We’re sorry to hear that your home life is making it difficult for you to focus on your school work. It seems like you are in a tough situation in which you want to go to therapy, but your mom isn’t making an effort to find you one. One thing that you might want to try is meeting with your school counselor or social worker and seeing if he/she can give you a list of counseling offices in your area that you or your mom can reach out to. You can also call us and we can also look up to see if we have any counseling services in our data base where you live.

Because you mentioned that you are thinking about leaving home for a few days it’s good to keep in mind that as a minor, your parents or legal guardians could file a runaway report with the police. If that’s the case, the police could force you to return home. Is there any chance that your mom would let you stay with someone else temporarily? Or go to a friend’s house or a library to study and do homework?

We hope this information is helpful and hope that you reach out to us through chat or phone to talk about your situation in more detail.

Best of luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X