Trapped and done with family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapped and done with family

Hi I'm 14 and my mom is a heavy drinker , lied to me, and almost caught our house on fire. One of my school friends is going through a simular problem and we would both like to know when we can get out of our unsafe homes with out needing child services, any advice ?

Re: Trapped and done with family

Hello,

We are glad you reached out to us, it sounds like you and your friend are going through a tough time at home and we are here to help you the best we can. We are sorry to hear that your mom is a heavy drinker and has lied to you and almost caught your house on fire, which sounds like a scary situation to be in.

While we are not legal experts, I can tell you generally speaking you have to be 18 in order to leave home without your parents’ permission. If you do leave home, your parents have the option of filing a runaway report. You cannot be arrested or charged for running away, but you will be returned home to your parents if you are picked up by the police.

We want to give you two phone numbers that might be helpful in helping you and your friend cope with your parents drinking. The first is the Alcohol and Drug Helpline, phone number 1-206-722-3700 and they would be helpful in seeing how you could help your mom or what other options they can help you think of. The next number is for Families Anonymous, which is a support hotline for family members who have other family with an alcohol addiction. They can also support you and be a good outlet for options.

We are sorry to hear you and your friend are experiencing this at home, and we are here to help. We can talk more in depth about your situation if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY where you can remain anonymous and confidential.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X