helpless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helpless

I'm 16 going on seventeen. my adopted mother has abused me for a long time. i am at my witts end and so is she. i don't know what to do. i just keep jetting i'm truble for whatever i do i need help!'

RE: helpless

Hello there –

Thanks for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline and posting on our public forum with your concerns. From your post to us here, we can see that you have very similar questions to a lot of our callers and you’re looking for some answers. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. No one deserves to be treated that way, especially by your parent at home; adoptive or not. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual) to your local police department or child protective service in your state.

If that is something that you don’t really feel comfortable with doing, you can always give us a call to help answer any questions about the process or to walk you through what steps there are. If you still have any bruises or marks of the altercation that happened between you and your adoptive mother, it might be best to take a picture of that just in case they ask for it. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on and thinking about what would happen if you did run away. Hopefully we can help you with some of those questions you have.

One resource that you might be able to look into if you’re looking for a safe place to go, would be to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there is any safe places near you listed. They are usually places like designated school, fire stations, libraries, etc. So that is always an option if you feel like go to talk to someone in person and what has been going on.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you about what has been going on recently between you and your adoptive mother. We also have an online chat service available every night from 4:30-11:30PM CST that is available through our website (www.1800runaway.org).
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X