Thirteen and scared to death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirteen and scared to death

I have had enough with my family.my dad is verbally and emotionaly abusive to me and my mom .he yells alot and is very two faced. He is nice in public but has no limits with me . Its benn like this sonce i was 6. I thought the arguments were normal but became more frequent and upscaled . He has hurt my mom on occasion but it's never serious.i used to me a great student but at age ten that changes. I was having nightmares about my parents hurting me and each other.i had developed anxiety issues and was bullied due to my visual inparment that I inherited from my dad. Once middle school hit it took a turn for the worst .we moved houses and it got wore I developed anger issues too and lost my best friend because of it. I was ever slapped a few times and has een treated childishly. I doent work it make it worse ive been told one more mess up and im out . I want away but am not street smart another problem i have helicopter parent even as a teen it's frustrating. I've been driven to the greyhound station before but i wanst ready no one believes my cry . School and grandparents don't believe me i have a plan to run away my friend is upseat about being teased and nearly commited suicide . i am just desperate i wanted somone to know .im to scared to file an abuse report. What do i do?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

Let us first say that we are sorry to hear that you have been faced your father’s abusive behavior. There is no reason that could justify you being abused. Neither you nor your mom deserve that. It was very brave of you to reach out tonight and talk about your situation. Good for you. Has your mother ever said anything about your father’s abusive behavior?

Maybe she has mentioned the possibility of getting help. Home should be a place to feel safe and a place that gives you some escape from things on the outside like the issues happening at school.
    It sounds like you also have some issues with getting people to believe you and at the same time you are worried about a friend. That’s a lot. It’s nice that you are concern about them. We hope that they are ok.
    Sometimes when things seem overwhelming it’s good to just try to pause and take a deep breath. You deserve an emotional break from the stress.

We understand about being scared to file an abuse report. It’s not your fault what’s happening and it’s good that you are starting to look for options of help.
    If you should decide that you want to file a child abuse report NRS can assist you in doing so. If running away is something you are considering then we hope you have a plan to survive and be safe.

You can call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) and speak with us more about your situation. This would be a way for us to learn more about what you would like to see happen and explore some options that might be helpful to you
    We also offer live chat services at www.1800Runaway.org
    How does that sound?

We hope that it helped being able to talk about things tonight.
    We wish you the best.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X