No announcement yet.

I'm really scared

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm really scared

    I can't do anything against my problem, I'm really scared my dad is going to rape or beat me to death... when he's drunk he's really violent. I can't call the police because he IS the police. I can't call child protective survises because my dad would just find a way to get me back and do twice as bad as he's doing. It happened when my mom tried to take me away! I have no where to go, and no one to reach out to, I saw your add on TV and thought maby I could get help here.... is there anything I can do?

  • #2
    Re: I'm really scared

    We are glad that you reached out to us and thank you for posting a bulletin on our page. We are so sorry to hear that your dad has been getting violent with you. Everyone deserves the right to feel safe and it sounds like being with your dad when he is drunk has left you feeling scared. You had mentioned that you fear that your dad will rape or beat you. Has this happened in the past? Have you received medical attention because of it?

    It sounds like a difficult situation with your dad being a police officer. Do you feel you can trust someone to talk to about what has been going on at home (like a friend, your mom, relative, teacher or counselor)? It sounds your mom had attempted to get you safe. What happened where you had returned back to your dad's?

    The purpose of Child Protective Service (CPS) is to protect your health, safety and welfare from any abuse and/or neglect. They the only way that they will be able to do an investigation is by getting a report of this. This can be done by yourself or anyone that knows of it. We here can also help you make a report if you would like. Have you called CPS before to make a report or know if someone else has reported the abuse? It can be very important to document everything like the time, date and place. If you are able to take pictures of any marks or bruises from the abuse that will also help support your case. We want you to know that no one has the right to hurt you and that we are here for you!

    A few other resources that you can also contact:

    Justice for Children is outside of the police and CPS. They can help provide legal advocacy for abused children and to develop solutions in being safe. You are welcome to call them at 1800-733-0059 or view their webpage: .

    RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) can also provide support for sexual assault, information about medical issues, explanations of the criminal justice system, and what to expect when you report the crime to the police. They are an anonymous crisis line that is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week! You can also view their webpage: or call at 1800-656-HOPE (4673).

    Alateen is a support group for young people that have been affected by someone else’s drinking. Support groups can be a safe place to share experiences, learn effective ways to cope with their problem. They can be reached at 1800-344-2666 or you can view their webpage:

    We are here if you would like to talk in more detail about what you have been experiencing and/or would like any assistance in making a phone call to other resources. We are completely confidential and non-judging. We welcome your call whenever you are ready, and we can be reached at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We wish you the best!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp