I can't do it anymore.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't do it anymore.

Honestly, I don't know how this all works or if anyone will even be thereto listen. I guess it's worth a shot.
    I don't know how to even start this. I guess I'll say what I can without saying much, and hope someone will understand and help. I'm a almost seventeen year old girl. My stepdad and mom don't get a long with me, at all. I grew up being told that my birth-father didn't want me and that I was just a bastard child. (It turns out he did want me but my mom made him sign over his rights to me when I was ten.) The point is now that I'm older, it's getting worse. When they (meaning my stepdad and mom) found out I had my first kiss they made me and the boy sit down and they yelled at us about how nasty we are and how we could die from that. My mom then proceeded to call me trash. I was fifteen. Then, when they found out I had lost my virginity due to peer pressure from a boyfriend, they called me a whore and started screaming and crying and saying that they couldn't believe I had ruined a mother and daughter relationship by doing that. Then my mom told me, "It better have been rape, because I didn't raise a whore." I was sixteen. They don't let me go anywhere. They watch my cell phone bill. They check my history on everything. They don't trust me to even be in my room alone longer than fifteen minuets. And that's not even the worse things they have said to me.
    Where I live there are no emancipation laws, but I do have family and my birth-father who would take care of me in a heartbeat. BUT, my stepdad and mom would never let me go live with them, they won't even let me go for a walk alone. I'm debating running away to my friends who's mom works for the CPS and her dad is a cop. (I would just stay the night and then tell her parents, but they wouldn't let me stay at her house. I've tried.) I could tell them everything and see if they could help, the only issue is, what if they can't? What if they just send me back home? My parents would be SO angry if I were to runaway, to the point where I'd be frightened to come back.

Re: I can't do it anymore.

Hello there,

Thank you for posting to our online forum. It sounds like things are not going well at home. We’re sorry to hear that your mom and stepdad have been so judgmental towards you and calling you the awful names you described. Their name calling is not okay. It sounds like you don’t feel like they trust you and it’s causing you a lot of stress.

As far as leaving home, your suggestion to talk to your friends parents who are a cop and CPS worker sounds like a good idea. They could probably give you more information about how your local police handle runaway cases and whether your mom and step dad’s actions are something that could be reported to Child Protective Services. It doesn’t sound like you have much to lose by asking for their professional opinion. You could also call your local non-emergency police office just to ask hypothetically how they handle runaway cases in your area.

It’s great that you have support from your friend and her family as well as your dad. You may want to consider contacting a legal aid office to see what can be done to have parental right transferred to your birth-father if that’s something that you both want. We would be happy to provide you with that information if you call or chat with us.

We would love to talk to you about your situation in more detail and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X