Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All most there

All my life I'v tried to do better then my brother, but it just seems to come back at me with a smack.
    My moms just doesnt get it, im almost there trying to do something that would make her proud. Graduate high school unlike my brother, but in her eyes he is still the top of her list. with no job ged and a kid he gets all her love and me all i get is the fights. Now saying im going to move out she swiches the tables on me claiming she's going to move out. i mean we live in a one bed room apartment and my bro and his gril and baby moved in with me my dad and mom. i just isnt working and im tried of being at the bottom.

Re: All most there

Thanks for writing on our bulletin boards. It doesn’t seem fair that you should be constantly compared to your brother. Because after all, you are your own person and should be praised for your achievements. It’s too bad that your mom isn’t able to see that. It’s great that you’re almost graduated from high school! It’s probably been incredibly hard to stay motivated with the lack of support you’ve described. You should be proud of yourself. That’s something that not everyone is able to accomplish!

You mentioned that it isn’t working anymore. What do you mean by this? It sounds like the living environment is pretty cramped, which probably makes things even more stressful. Sometimes when you’re not able to get away from someone and have some time to yourself, you clash more. Do you think this is adding to the stress of everything? Do you have alternative living options? Are you able to stay with another relative or friend if you needed to?

We’re so glad you found our website and were comfortable enough to write to us. Know that our hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY, is available 24/7. If you want to talk more in depth about any of this, please call. We’re not here to tell you what to do; we just want to provide you with a listening ear. We can talk to you about different options and maybe come up with a plan that you’re comfortable with. Someone is always here.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X