Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

My parents have always picked on me. They are emotionally abusive. I am never allowed to hang out with my friends or my boyfriend. I'm not allowed to play sports without them speaking to the coach to ensure that I will be babysat during practice and games. They don't pay for my school lunch and when I pack a lunch at home, they yell at me for taking too much when really all I took was a bag of crackers. I am forced to pay for my own hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, pads, tampons, etc.) And my own clothes. I lost my job about a month ago and am VERY low on funds. Still, they refuse to help.
    I am 17 years old and I am graduating a year early. I am planning on attending college in the fall of next year. In order to do so, I need to take the SAT test. My parents refused to pay for it and I have insufficient funds, so my boyfriend ended up paying for it.
    My parents have told me many times in the past 6 months that they want me to leave. That they want me to move out, but every time I try to leave they tell me that they will call the police.
    I have a safe place to go where I will be provided for. I will continue to go to school. I also have another job starting in November.
    What should I do to make sure that they people that are taking me in won't get into trouble? How so I make sure that I won't be forced home? I have already made up my mind. I am leaving. Please help.

Hey there, Looks like you reached out via another technology and spoke with us here at NRS today about this issue.
    We are here 24/7 so please call 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us if you would like to talk further!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X