No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help

    Okay let me just jump straight to the point, I feel very unloved at home. My dad's in prison but he's getting out in a couple months now. I live with my mom who is constantly hitting me, and taking all her stress and anger all out on ME! I have a little sister, but she doesn't get yelled at or hit like I do. My dad says when he get's out he wants us to live with him and my step mom, with my baby brother and step sister. I feel very unsafe and hurt at my mom's house. I have to ask to eat food, and I try to make her happy even though her feelings and emotions are not in my control. I can't tell her or MAKE her feel a certain way towards anything but everything I do, she gets mad whether it's good or bad. As soon as she puts one foot in that door, she's yelling or hitting me. When my dad was out and I saw him I felt safe and that I had freedom to eat food or go outside. At my moms I have to be inside 24/7 unless i'm at school. That's all! She never let's me go anywhere or do anything. I can say I have been and still am getting physically, mentally, and verbally abused at home. I feel uncomfortable. I want to live with my dad but my mom will say NO! And I'm about to be 14 in a little less then 2 months.. so what do i do? When he gets out and i see him again (if i even can...) do I ask him to file a custody file thing..or??? HELPPPP!!!!!! e.t.c

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for messaging the National Runaway Safeline! It sounds like you have been going through so much and it was very brave of you to reach out for help. No one has the right to hurt you and if you ever feel unsafe, you can call the police at any time for emergency assistance. What you have been going through with your mom sounds like a really scary situation and you absolutely have the right to be safe. Have you considered filing an abuse report with your local family and child protective services agency? Typically when someone files an abuse report, a case work investigates the situation and if they find abuse the youth is moved to live somewhere safe; sometimes with another family member or foster care. For more general information about abuse reporting you can contact Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or visit their website at

    If your parents are divorced your dad may have the right to file for full or joint custody of you and your sister through the court system. While we are not legal experts here we can help you to find free legal services in your area who can most accurately answer your questions about custody.

    Everything you have been going through sounds like it could be really overwhelming. Have you been able to talk to anyone for support? Sometimes people turn to a friend, other family, religious leader, teacher, coach, or family friend as a safe place for advice. Also, we are available here at the National Runaway Safeline if you ever wanted a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental place to talk, connect with resources, or make a plan. You can reach us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) 24/7 or via live chat on our website. Thank you again for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp