No announcement yet.

My mom does nothing for me...

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My mom does nothing for me...

    So i live with my mom i am 17 years old boy and my dad left me before i was even born soo its just us 4 soo my problem is that my mom does absolutely nothing for me we used to get welfare but my mom stopped getting aid because she stopped going to the meetings because she stays on her phone and pays no attention to anything else i have to find a way to get money so i can feed myself sometimes i go a day without food i look for jobs but everytime im in a interview i am bummy because i dont have good clothes because my mom spends her check to pay her phone bill pay sum rent and send the rest to her friends she is bisexual soo she sends all her money to them and when i talk to her she just looks at her phone and says okay over and over i been needing to register to school but she dosent take me i already missed one month im about to lose 2 im in my senior year i cant mess this up she pays no attention for me she dosent even care about me her phone is the problem i cant fix her i had this problem for 2 years we are 2 months behind rent i had to do things im not proud off to get money to pay the rent i dont want to live like this is there anyway i can call child services to get me out my house without nothing happening to my mom she struggles enough i just want to not be there if i stay here then i wont do anything with my life please help me i really need to get out this house

  • #2
    My mom does nothing for me...


    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

    It was very brave of you to contact us and share your situation. It sounds like your mother has experienced some financial issues that has left the two of you struggling to make ends meet.
    It seems you feel she has a lack of focus when it comes to seeing that your needs are met.
    You mentioned that you need to register for school but she has not taken you.
    Is there any way that you can get to the schools location on your own? We understand how important being a senior is and it’s good that you are looking out for your education as well as your wellbeing.

    Contacting child services is something NRS can assist you with all you have to do is give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929). We can take your information and contact child services to file a report for child neglect. You can also do this by using our chat service at
    Another option is for you to contact Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453

    They will give you the nearest office for Child Protective Services where you can ask for assistance with possibly relocating to alternative housing. By filing a report for neglect it does not mean that something will happen with your mom.
    It means they will conduct an investigation as to your wellbeing and try to provide services to your mom and you. Does that make sense?

    You took a very big step in contacting us tonight and we appreciate you for doing so. Good job.

    We hope that your situation gets better. You deserve it.
    Take care,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove