Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just need to get away... from everything...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need to get away... from everything...

I'm just going to get straight to the point: I am an ugly, fat hideous person who hates themselves, has cut themselves and I believe I am facing severe OCD and depression. I have an on-off relationship with my mam and dad and to be honest I hate everybody except my dog, rabbit and my friend. I flipping hate school and am moving away as soon as I am sixteen. I am only in Year 8 yet have cut multiple times and have considered suicide so many times. No need to call the suicide helpline as I am in conversation with the Samitarians who comfort me a little bit. My best friend hates our school and life at home too, she has a terrible relationship with her mother and step-sister (she said so herself) and I just don't see a point in living. If I do have to live (I do not wish to sin against our Lord) then why not live life to the fullest? A week or two on the run how exciting and incredibly dangerous is that? I have no idea where to go though as where I live is quite dangerous and I just hate it!

Re: I just need to get away... from everything...

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are definitely going through a hard time, and NO-ONE deserves to feel this way.

It's great that you've been able to find support through another organization for coping with your suicidal thoughts. Is there anyone else you have tried talking to about this besides your friend? How about a teacher, school counselor, or a relative?

It sounds like you have reached your breaking point, since you mentioned your suicide attempts and how you are harming yourself. We were able to find a website that could help you (and your friend), from having these negative thoughts. This website is the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, and it gives a personal wellness tool, that helps to cope with with your depression. (http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/Page...wellness_tools). We were also able to find in that same website a worksheet that might be able to assist with helping to push negativity out of your life, and could potentially make you feel more confident about yourself. (http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/Page...ative_thinking)

You also mentioned you have been harming yourself, and we’re sorry to hear that you feel the need to. There is a website that people in this similar situation go to write their stories. Maybe this could provide an outlet or some support from others who have struggled with self harm. The website is www.twloha.com.

Lastly, it sounds like you are thinking about leaving your home and go on an adventure. You might want to think about who you would go with, and what would you do once you left? You can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). Or you can also check our website to see if our chat is available. Hope this information is helpful to you, and we hope you get in touch with us to talk more about this, if you’d like.

Good luck!
    -NRS.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X