Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terrified

recently my parents found out that im dating a girl. they're extremely homophobic and im so so so afraid that they're gonna kick me out. i really want to go to my grandparents, who live about a 20 minute drive away from me, because they wouldn't kick me out for this. ive been considering running away for a few days now. i have depression, anxiety, ADD, and bpd, if that's anything relevant. ive actually wanted to leave this house for about a year now, but my last attempt failed. i haven't spoken to my mom or stepdad in a few days. every time i come home from school i lock myself in my room and don't come out until the next morning to leave. im 14 and i need to know if im overreacting or if running away is an option.

Re: terrified

Hello and thanks for reaching out and sharing your situation. We’re very sorry to hear your parents aren’t supportive of you being in a relationship with a girl. Please know we are non-judgmental here and think it’s pretty great you’re being true to yourself and recognizing your sexual identity. On top of not having their support, it sounds like you’re also greatly afraid of them kicking you out. We aren’t legal experts; however, more than likely they won’t be able to legally do so being that you’re 14. On the other hand, it sounds like your grandparents are more supportive or at least won’t kick you out. While we aren’t in a position to tell you whether to run away or not, it doesn’t sound like you’re overreacting. It just seems like an incredibly difficult and complex situation where your parent’s views go against your own. We’d be happy to talk to you more about your situation should you decide to reach out either through our hotline or Live Chat. There is also The Trevor Project, http://www.thetrevorproject.org/, who specializes in LGBTQ crisis situations. Hopefully that helps and best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X