Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need To Leave

I'm 14, almost 15, and I need to leave. Both of my parents seem to hate my brothers and me. They say we're lazy, unfit, spoiled, stupid, entitled, and other things. They only apologize when we cry. My mom has made me eat a food I'm allergic to, drink a little bit of dish soap, and spanked and slapped me. My dad yells at me a lot and doesn't tell me he loves me. I've been cutting my wrists and thighs since I was 13. They go through my things when I'm away and not for "safety reasons". I have to use Private Browsing on everything. I walk around the house on tiptoe all the time. I've basically raised myself and my brothers and my brothers have hit me before me too.

The only reason why I haven't killed myself yet is because of my music. Panic! At the Disco helps me a lot.

I feel like a narcissist for posting this, but I need to leave. I need to run away.

My extended family would turn me in and I have a slight idea where I would go.

Help.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there is a lot going on in your life right now. You do not deserve to be treated the way you have been. While it might not feel like you have options, you absolutely do. Let’s look at a few of them.

We care about your safety and you mentioned that you've been dealing with suicidal thoughts. Your life is so importantPanic! At the Disco is absolutely worth sticking around for! There is also a number you can call if you start to feel like you need some additional help. The folks at National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255 or suicidepreventionlifeline.org) are there for you 24/7. We are too at 1-800-RUNAWAY where you can call or chat with us 24/7. You are not alone. To Write Love on Her Arms (321-499-3901 www.twloha.com) is an organization that can help with finding hope and connect with other folks who struggle with cutting and thoughts of self-harm.

You mentioned your parents slap or spank you. There are folks over at Child Help (1-800-422-4453 or childhelp.org) that can talk to you about reporting your parents for this behavior. They would be able to talk about what that process looks like and can help you report if that is something you decide to do to improve your home life. We can also help you with reporting. Both are available 24/7.

Running away is not a crime and while we are not legal experts, we can talk generally about what happens if you leave home. Your parents will file a runaway report with the local police department and they will try to find you and bring you home. There are shelters available in your area, some require parental permission, but if that is a concern, we can look at the resources in our database. Call us or

Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. Contact us anytime. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Last edited by ccsmod10; 08-17-2018, 07:25 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X