No announcement yet.

Over Stressed I want to leave.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Over Stressed I want to leave.

    Hi i'm 16 and I live with my grandparents and mother and brother. I have clinical Depression,Anxiety, and Panic attacks I see a therapist weekly. My family is giving me so much stress they are always yelling at me non stop I don't even come out of my room anymore and when I do its just quick to grab something. It never used to be like this but lately it has gotten to the point where I plan on leaving this weekend to live with my friend and her family they have even agreed to let me live there They have a room for me and everything. I love my family but they don't treat me right they think my mental health is like a cold that will go away by itself and the screaming is to the point where I have started harming myself again I can't take it I think moving out is the best option for me right now even if its for a little bit I just really dont know what to do.

  • #2
    re: Over Stressed I want to leave.

    Hey there,

    Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you are ready to leave home.

    It is great to hear that you are seeking help by seeing a therapist every week and by reaching out to us. It sounds like living with your parents could be a bit stressful. Have you considered talking to your parents about how you have been feeling? Perhaps an option could be to talk to your therapist about possibly being able to meet with your parents and create a safe space for you to express yourself.

    We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, which means that we are only able to speak in general terms. In most states, at 16 you are still technically considered a minor. Which means that in most states, your parents would still be able to file a runaway report, if a report is filed and you are found, typically you would be forced to return home. Another factor you might want to keep in mind is that your friend’s parents could potentially be charged with harboring a runaway. The charges for that could vary from fines to jail time. As we mentioned, we are not legal experts here, if you would like a more sturdy answer, we would encourage you to reach out to your local police department.

    We hope that we were able to help you think a little more about your options and brainstorm some more with you, if you feel like you would still need some more support or go through some more options, please feel free to reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we are here 24/7. We also have a live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

    Stay strong,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp