No announcement yet.

Mom's boyfriend is mean to us

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mom's boyfriend is mean to us

    My mom's boyfriend is really mean to us. He is an alcoholic, and he doesn't help with his kids.
    He makes me and my sister help with the twins (his kids) and treats my littlest brother horribly, and has been calling him gay since he was 6 years old.
    He has choked my littlest brother, he has thrown a change filled wallet at my other brother, he pulls me and my sister's hair and insinuates that we are fat, calls us all worthless, and treats us all horribly.

    This is a little more seriously thing he did, and I can't be too sure.
    so I had a neck injury around 2.5 years ago. I had to wear braces and they had to be switched out for me to shower.
    he was the only one who knew how to switch them. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure he tried to touch my breasts while he was switching it. He pretended to fiddle with something on the brace and touched me. I remember freezing, and being shocked. He just walked away like nothing happened. He makes weird sexual comments to me as well. I can't be too sure that he touched me, because I was on some strong pain meds, but I'm almost sure of it.

    The only escape from this is to either wait it out until i become a shell of a person, because I still have 2 years left to live here, or kill myself. I can't decide what to do, and I don't know what to do. My mom knows about everything I wrote here but she denies it and does nothing. I feel as though she doesn't care for me.

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline.

    We're so sorry about what has happened in the past and how you still have to live with the person who continue to hurts you. You deserve to feel listened to and be safe and happy in your home. If you ever need someone to talk to about the abuse, don't hesitate to reach out to the Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) at 1-800-656-4673. Having someone to talk to can help, and they are always there to listen and support if you don't feel comfortable talking to friends or family about it.

    You are always able to report the abuse that you and your siblings are going through to CPS or staff at school. You’re not alone in this, we are here to help, and there are other organizations here to help as well. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options, as far as transferring custody. You mentioned thinking about hurting yourself. If these thoughts are still happening, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 anytime. Even if you’re not suicidal, this is a great resource and they will be able to listen to you without telling your parents.

    If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your parents can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. If you explain to them that home isn't a safe place to be, they don't always return you right away. They're supposed to investigate it first. We offer to call out to youths local police, with youth, to find out their protocols and what happens if runaways refuse to go home. We can also help find runaway/youth shelters in your area, so you can stay safe.

    We have legal aid resources in our database. While we’re not law experts, we can try to find one in your area, there may be legal ways for you to be able to move out. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you.

    You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center, or use our chatting services via our website. However, the chatting service is not open 24/7. So the best way to tell us everything would be to just call into our hotline and talk to one of our trained liners.

    Be safe, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp