Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get out but I can't.

So I am 12 right now and i am looking for help with my situation with my mom. She is verbally abusive and yells at me and even broke my door down to my bedroom because I was caught cheating on a Daily Grade math quiz. She is obsessed with this thing where she thinks there are people in the house, guess whos the prime suspect: Me. She has been accusing me of having sex with a girl from school and is harassing me with one question: "Why wont you just fess up and give me the truth." It has gotten to the point where whenever I hear that one line of words I immediately freak out and have a panic attack. Today we had a massive argument where I was sick and couldnt go to football. She accused me of being weak and told me to grow up. She is threatening me to give me a one way ticket to my Dad's in Washington. The thing is that my dad is a bit bonkers and is always high because he works and has joint pain, I dont like that kinda life style and he kinda creeps me out sometimes. Its no better from my moms though. Im kinda stuck because my grandparents are pretty stubborn and also PHYSICALLY abusive. My aunts and uncles already have 3 or more kids so thats not a option either.

Hello,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us. We’re so sorry you’re in such a difficult position. It sounds like you don’t feel that there’s a good place for you to go, and you’re wondering what might be a good option for you. It’s really great that you feel comfortable speaking out when you feel that something isn’t right for you, and we’ll do our best to help explore options with you.

If your mom feels that you’d be better off living somewhere else, it may mean having a conversation with her about a good place for you to go. It sounds like your dad’s living situation makes you uncomfortable, and perhaps it would help for you to discuss that with your mom so that, if she’s serious about sending you to live somewhere else, she can provide some input on alternatives. Perhaps you can explore whether there’s a family friend that would be willing to take you in. You also mention your aunts and uncles, but hesitate to count them as options because they’ve got several children. If you hesitate because you think they may be overwhelmed, that may be a good discussion to have with them directly. If they feel that they would be comfortable taking you in, that gives you another option to select from.

If it turns out that you don’t have any options that either your or your mother would be comfortable with, it may be time to discuss whether someone like a counselor, therapist, or social worker might be able to help you and your mom get along better. It’s tough to live with someone when they’re constantly accusing you of things, and it sounds like everything that’s going on has made you feel that you need to find another place to go. If you have questions about where to find your nearest counselor/therapist/social worker, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re available by phone 24/7, by chat every day from 4:30pm – 11:30pm CST. Even if you just need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out. We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X