I am 15 and i want to go live with my friends family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccsmod9 View Post
    Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS! We understand you feel alone and not heard. Know that we want to help. We are sorry that you are being treated that way and are told to do things you do not want to do. If you wish to talk about things we would love to talk and figure out options for you to get away from as home seems like it is putting you in danger.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    hi im 15 and i currently live with my grandmother because neither of my parents are in the picture i want to leave my grandmothers house and move with a close friend of mine . i have alot of issues with my grandmother what should i do ?

Comment

• I am 12 years old, and my life has been stressful on me. My parents constantly yell at me, and say hurtful things about me. School itself is very stressful, because my grades been failing, cause of home. I do chores on a regular basis, when I come home from school, I don't wanna do anything. Like last night my mom said calmly "You might not seem anybody is there for you, but one thing that’s there for you is laundry" and my dad says "If you don't finish laundry in time you’re gonna get paddled". I talked to a guidance counselor today at school about it, but she didn't tell me anything, that would help. I am the only one in the house that does chores, and sometimes I have to cook food for me and my 5-year-old brother. I understand that my parents might be stressful at work, too. But, I can't have them put it on me cause my life is already stressful, itself. I want to stay down my friend’s house, for at least a week, to think things through. We go to the same school, and I feel it will help me with everything happening. I'm always scared to talk to my parents cause they yell at me telling me I'm wrong. Half of the time, I feel like a servant, just doing everything. I don't wanna be their "little servant" anymore. At this point, if they're not showing me respect then I'm not showing them respect. I need suggestions on how to talk to them about staying with my friend. I'm just so scared to.
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-12-2020, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
        ccsmod4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
        We are sorry that things are not going well with your mom and dad. It must be pretty hard for you. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed emotionally by things at home right now.
        You don’t deserve to be mistreated or put in the position to be care giver to your younger brother. It sounds like talking with them is something you are afraid to do. That’s too bad.
        Sometimes when communication breaks down with those you are close with it makes it difficult to know just where to turn. You did well reaching out today. We would like you to know NRS is here to listen and here to help. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You spoke of a counselor at school. Perhaps you might consider asking if they would help mediate a conversation between you and your parent’s. Talking at the school may be a place to provide you with a safe space to talk about your feelings. NRS also offers mediation through conference calling.

Just something to consider.
        Reaching out to NRS was a very brave thing to do. Good for you.
        We are here to listen and here to help. If you would like to speak more about your situation, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runway.org

Take care,
        NRS

• Please get back to me . I am 14 years old ( almost 15 ) and my father passed away 3 years ago . He signed the will to my aunt . I hate living with her and I feel like killing myself all the time and I hate feeling like that . I don’t want it to get to that point but I can’t take it anymore . I’m always getting in trouble and screamed at and before my dad passed he had this girlfriend for 4 years , I never had a mother figure in my life so I consider her my mom . Her and her husband said I could live with them so I could finish out school at a school I actually wanted to go too because I hate where I live . I have always been closer to the one I consider my mom than my aunt . I really wanna live with her but I don’t know if it’s aloud since she technically isn’t blood . My life would be so much easier . I was just at her house this weekend and just came back today . I had a great weekend and then when I got home my aunt was screaming at me and it got me so worked up to where I was gonna run away . Please help .

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now.You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your legal guardians permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your aunt. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X