No announcement yet.

I am 15 and i want to go live with my friends family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a 14-year-old girl, I do not think I can handle being in this family anymore. I'm mentally going crazy and I can't take it. I love my mother to bits but I despise the disgrace I call dad. I hate this man with a passion. He destroys my life. I'm so unhappy and it's been this way for years. I grew up bullied and depressed and it stays that way. I'm not bullied anymore because I snapped and started getting into fights but that's beside the point. I hate my life so much I wanna kill my self. I've tried multiple times and don't succeed, I am physically and emotionally abused I want to live a life where I can just be myself and my parents except it, I am religious a Sikh i want to be more I want to get rebaptized because I have made mistakes my parents say that I sm going to make more mistakes in my life because they don't believe me, on the other hand, my brother is always, always lying and snitching on me. I honestly can't handle this, I hate making my mom cry because I and my dad don't get along it is so sad and I also hear it from there mouths "why can't you just die?". "I thought you were going to be a good kid I was wrong". "I am going to call foster parents so they can take you and you won't be able to see us ever again!". I swear that I can do anything to just live a life where I can be trusted I have lied to them my whole life and I made a new years revolution to not lie and i haven't lied since December 31, 2018, and they still don't believe me please please except me into a family that gives me what I want I am 14 and I don't have a phone because I'm not trusted with it.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it sounds like you are going through an extremely difficult situation. We just want you to know that you are not alone.
      We want you to know that you are valuable and that you are worth living. It may seem like it is incredibly difficult to go through but this will not last forever. You may want to consider contacting The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen to your story and be able to provide support. Please stay strong you got this!
      It sounds like you may be going through emotional abuse, if you would like to make a report you can contact The Child Helpline at: 1800-422-4453. Just know the things your parents say about you is not about you it’s on them. You also may want to consider talking to a therapist about what is going on. You can also contact NAMI (national alliance for mental illnesses). You can contact NAMI at 1800-950-NAMI.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• hi,

i am 16 and i want to move in with my friends family to finish high school.

i currently live with my mom and step dad, and their two spoiled little kids. after my parents divorce, somehow i ended up with my mom. i have always hated living with her because she leaves town all the time and doesn’t tell me usually until the night before. the only thing she actually provides for me is a roof over my head and she pays for my education. she is never even around the house, and i have my own job, so im pretty much on my own most of the time. i get my own food, i work, i drive my car to school and to lacrosse practices and games, and she is never involved in any of those things at all. she doesn’t even know what’s going on in my life at all or my schedule, so i have basically been doing my own thing since i was 13 or 14, but i became almost completely independent from her when i turned 16. aside from the legal stuff.

it is now the beginning of july, but at the very end of march my mom dropped this huge bomb on me that i was going to be moving with her to tennessee for the rest of high school. it is kind of a given that i don’t exactly want to just up and leave this life that i have built for myself. i play for varsity lacrosse at my school already, i have good friends, an amazing boyfriend, a steady job, and my best friend’s family is more accepting of me than my own. i am going to be a junior this year, and i am not exactly looking to leave my whole life behind and have to start making new friends and adjusting to an entirely new setting while trying to manage the SAT/ACT and junior year altogether.

my best friend’s family has agreed to take me in if i can just sort the legal stuff out with my parents, but i was wondering how that’s possible? like what exactly would i need from my parents to make this happen?

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your family. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

• Hi, i don’t know how this app works i could be doing this wrong, but i am 15 years old. my father past away when i was 1, but my mom had someone in my life as a father figure at the age of 2 so he’s like my dad. but he never adopted me or anything so no records show. he is allowing me to stay with. him but my mom isn’t and i don’t want to stay with her anymore. it’s very frustrating living with her, after they broke up (2months ago) she has put so much on me, to much i can handle. and she’s not listening to anything i’m saying and i really just want to live with my step dad.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It sounds like home is really stressful right now, it must be really frustrating to be in that situation. It's so great to hear that you and your step dad get along so well. We aren't legal experts here at NRS, but generally speaking, if you do opt to leave your home your mom can file a runaway report, which is essentially a missing person report. Running away is a status offense; this means that it isn’t illegal, but it’s something you can’t do while still a minor. If a runaway report is filed and you are located by the authorities you will most likely be returned to your mom.

It sounds like your mom isn’t listening to you when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about how her breakup affects you. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X