Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am 15 and i want to go live with my friends family

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 14 almost 15 and I’ve considered running away, but that doesn’t seem as good as an option because I’ll just be found. I want to be emancipated or able to live with one of my friends because I cannot take my family anymore. I’m constantly getting yelled at by my parents, I get blamed for everything. When my brother insults me my mom never believes it and when I was told I was messed up, my mom just said "yeah he’s right you are." it’s mentally exhausting and I’m tired of the negative crap all the time. It’s been going on for 6 years. I just don’t know how to bring it up to my mom I don’t want to live here anymore. What’s an easy simple way to bring it up without starting an argument?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-12-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I am 14 and want to live with my my best friends family

Hi, I’m Austin and my parents yell at me constantly and blame everything on me when it comes to garbage or fighting. I get told to do everything when my siblings are sitting and doing nothing. They don’t support me being a youtuber and they downgrade me every time I try and tell them I failed a test or I don’t wanna do something. But when I’m at my friends house they treat my like their own I help out with cleaning and they have an extra room. They know how bad it is at my house and they want me to move in. They know how I get to do everything and they help with school. I’m cyber and they help out with my school work if I ask. My best friend and I have been friends for 9 years and he has a younger sister. I try hard in school and want to go into the army after school. But my parents aren’t supportive of me when it comes to school and going into the army. They barely by food and their is 10 people in my house, so if they buy food I can’t get any. They refuse to let me go to work with them when it is cleaning houses. My best friends family takes me with them on vacation and knobels and dorny park. We all have a lot of laughs. Like when their step dad scared me in the corn maze. My mom yells at me and treats everyone else different from me. I just hope I can move into my friends house bc they treat me like an actual person.

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there!
        Thanks for reaching out to us and telling us what’s been going on. It sounds like you’re having a really rough time a home. It’s understandable that you feel overwhelmed and it takes courage to ask for help.
        You mentioned that you want to go live with your friend’s family. It might be a good idea to ask your parents if they would let you live with your friend’s family even temporarily. This would be considered an alternative living arrangement (ALA) and would be simple to set up if you got their permission. If you can’t get their permission, there might be some other options available to you. If you want to explore those options, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or chat online with us at www.1800RUNAWAY.ORG.
        We are sorry that you are going through such a tough time. We understand that you are not wanting to live with your mom anymore. It sounds like you just want to live in an environment where you feel heard, loved, and supported. We’re here to listen and help the best way we can. We hope to talk or chat with you soon. Good luck!
        Stay safe,
        NRS

• Hello I'm 15 I've been really depressed, suicidal, and unhappy with my me and family I'm constantly bullied in school talked to my counselor and principal told my parents nothing’s happened my siblings bully me I get yelled at a lot and I have a friend that is willing to take me in and provide for me I don't know how to get out of this house and I'm done working with my family I don't know what to do.
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-07-2019, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Reply: Hello I'm 15 I've been really depressed...

Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did great by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
        You don’t deserve to be bullied at school or home, what’s happening to you is not your fault. You did wonderful advocating for yourself. It sounds like you told your parents and school officials but nothing has been done to your satisfaction. That is unfortunate.

We understand that it must be frustrating for you and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It also sounds like you have confided in a friend that is willing to let you stay with them. Leaving home is a big step and there is a matter of concern for your safety. Again we understand that your situation is one that you want to see change.
        If you are feeling depressed or having thoughts of suicide we encourage you to seek help.
        Help is available. Contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
        There are also anti-bullying programs you might consider reaching out to for support.
        https://www.pacer.org/bullying

https://www.stopbullying.gov/

These programs exist to provide extended help to those that face being bullied.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
        We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• okay so i’m 15 and i live in a 2 bedroom apartment with my mom, dad and lil brother. my mom and i have an awful relationship and we don’t get along at all. it has gotten to the point where i can’t even be there and i need to be somewheres else. i love my mom but i like literally can’t deal with her. she’s constantly coming at me about everything and is always twisting me and my dads words. currently my dads the only one working and has been for the last 7 years because she won’t get a job. my bestfriend who lives in georgia offered to take me and i could live with them and i talked to my dad about it and he didn’t say no or yes he just said we’ll see... i was wondering if i have to get an okay with my mom too in order to leave or if i can just get everything situated with my dad. we haven’t talked to my mom about this either cause she always starts ******** and we don’t have the energy to deal with it.

Comment

• ccsmod0
            ccsmod0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It is understandable that you would want to leave a place where you do not have a close relationship with the people there. You questioned if you would need your mom’s permission as well as your dad’s to leave home. We want you to know that we are not legal experts but to our knowledge if you are planning on leaving it would be up to the parent who has guardianship. If it’s shared then yes, you would need to get both of them to agree. It sounds like things at home are at their tipping point and you feel as if things will be better for you living with a friend.
            If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
            Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
            We hope to hear from you soon.
            Be safe,
            NRS

• I’m thirteen and wanna move into my friends family house and they wouldn’t mind and both of my parents past and currently in a home situation with my uncle and aunt and honestly wish I wasn’t because I can’t leave a normal life of a teen I’m the oldest keep in mind I hate it I can’t ever do anything I’m legit only aloud to have a friend stay twice a year and they think that im gonna do something. I hate it ugh I don’t know if I’m aloud to move in at 13 with a friend. I don’t know exactly if it is. But. They NEVER let me live my life as a teen like I’m supposed to make mistakes but they see me as the leader and they yell at me and I’m in trouble all the time for no reason. Can you help me? Sorry the story is all over the place but honestly I wanna leave...

Comment

• ccsmod1
            ccsmod1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Not being able to have the independence to live a normal teen life sounds really frustrating. Leaving home is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

It’s great to hear that your friend and their family support you. If you do opt to leave your home your aunt and uncle can file a runaway report, which is essentially a missing person report. Running away is a status offense; this means that it isn’t illegal, but it’s something you can’t do while still a minor. If you go to stay at your friend’s house without prior permission from your aunt and uncle, your friend’s parents (or whoever is the legal adult at home) could be charged with harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor. Penalties for harboring a runaway vary from state to state, police officer to officer, and how your aunt and uncle view the situation.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
            NRS
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X