Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave this place behind

I am 13 years old have i'm have problems at home. I have been thinking about running away for a long time. I have been thinking about it so long I have a plan of what i'm gonna do, where i'm gonna go and how I am going to get there and everything. There just one thing I don't want to get caught because i have heard my parents talking and they said if I anything happens with me I am going to get sent off somewhere. I have almost ran away before but I got to scared. Now I am fully confident that I can do it its just that I need advice about it and things like that.

re: I want to leave this place behind

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out today and sharing a bit of your story with us. It sounds like you’re dealing with so much at home. It sounds like one option you’ve come up with to solve the issues at home is to leave. That makes sense. It’s good that you’re putting together a plan and reaching out for guidance before you decide to leave. So let’s see how we can help you out.

You mention that you’re looking for advice about leaving. Our main goal is to make sure that you’re safe no matter what you decide to do. It sounds like you have a little bit of a plan – like where you will go and how you will get there. It can be important to make sure that you have a plan b in place too. If that first plan doesn’t work – who will I depend on for support? If I can’t stay where I first thought I could – where will I go? If I am brought back home – what will be different and how will my parent’s respond? These are important questions to think through when deciding whether to leave home.

Know that we are here to support you in whatever you decide to do. If you want to talk through ways to stay safe out on the street, please reach out. If you want to talk through ways to make things better at home so you don’t feel like you have to run, please reach out. Whatever you need, we’re here to support you the best way we can. You can call or chat with us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X