Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always yelled at

I'm always getting yelled at, I've tried to be calm but I end up crying at the end. I want to run away but no where to hide I need to get away.

Re: Always yelled at

Hello there,

We’re glad you felt comfortable reaching out for help through our online forum. It seems like things at home are really affecting you. No one deserves to be constantly yelled at. Home is a place where you should feel comfortable and safe.

There's a lot to consider when running away. Some things to keep in mind are: Where would be a safe place to stay? How will I get there? How will I support myself financially? Will my family try to force me to come home? Just some things to keep in mind.

We are available to help the best we can if you would like to discuss your situation in more detail. We can also look up youth shelters in your area if you would like. Our Live Chat is open from 4:30pm - 11:30pm CST and we’d be happy to chat with you online or through our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Good luck and thanks for reaching out.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X