I'm sad here and can't take it anymore.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sad here and can't take it anymore.

Hi, I'm a 13 year old boy. My parents have recently been yelling at me and putting me down and I want to runaway to a good friends house, where I think it's safe from all the emotional harm. Almost every weekend my parents yell at me for having missing assignments in school. I tell them I try my best and I usually feel that they are not satisfied. It gives me headaches everyday and I usually revert to crying. I have a lot going on and it's hard for me to do this. My dad makes me go to Boy Scouts and get my eagle, but I don't want to be a very physical worker, as I am interested in coding. I just need help on what to do and if I should run away or not.

Re: I'm sad here and can't take it anymore.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like things aren’t going well between you and your parents and it’s really affecting you emotionally. You don’t deserve to be put down by your parents. It’s good that you’re trying your best in school. Does your school provide any tutoring or after school help? Is there a way that you could talk to your teachers or your parents about a way that you can better track when your assignments are due?

That’s great that you have an interest in coding. Perhaps you could talk to your dad about getting you involved with a group or club for coding instead of boy scouts?

It’s also great that you have a friend who is willing to help you out during this difficult time. Some things to keep in mind about running away: We are not legal experts here, but if you runaway, your parents could file a runaway report. If so, then if the police were to pick you up, they would be forced to return you to your parents. Another thing that could potentially happen, is that whoever allows you to stay with them, could potentially be charged with harboring a runaway. That usually depends on if your parents would press charges.

Another thing to think about is how long you would be able to stay at your friend’s house. Do you think his parents would call your parents when they found out that you were staying with them? Just some things to consider.

Is there anyone you can talk to about what you’re going through at home? Maybe a teacher, a school counselor, or a friend’s parent? Maybe you and your parents could benefit from family counseling. You are also welcome to give us a call or chat with us online if you want to discuss your situation in more detail.

Hope this was helpful,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X