Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to Live at Home anymore

I've been terrified of my dad ever since I was 12, I'm 14 now and it's gotten worse. Sometime in January/February, he had hit my mom, so we had lived with my older brother and his wife for something weeks. I'm afraid that he'd hurt me, and no one seems to understand that he's scary. Then sometime this summer I forcefully kissed by an older guy. I told him my age before hand, he was off of the Cruise ship and I was working alone in the store, so that made me more afraid of my dad. I Don't feel safe at home, I can barely sleep, now all I want to do is sleep the weekend away so I can get it over with and I can get to school. I just want to be left alone but then I don't, I just don't get along with my mom, I don't know why. My Uncle is staying with us, because he cheated on my aunt, the girl dumped him. Then a bunch of other stuff is happening. I was mostly alone this summer, so I'm used to being alone. My siblings ignore me, and I got backhanded by my sister because I said a bad word, I wasn't really talking to her. I wasn't feeling well, and was really tired too so of course I didn't feel like cleaning. No body in my house, or family understands me. It doesn't help that I'm depressed, and it's been getting worse. I made a mistake by telling my 'Best Friend', because she had told my mom and my mom told a lady at church. That's something you don't do! If you just search up on how to help a depressed person, it'll tell you what to do. I was looking for help, but then I quickly regretted it. She had just made everything worse, the only time I actually felt happy and slept good was when I was away from my House and Family. Which is sad, I think/guess. I just don't know what to do, I've felt like running away a few times but never actually did. I just don't want to live at Home anymore, but then I'd feel bad. My parent's are getting along, but I just don't want to be here anymore. I know how I can help myself, but I can't. I've told my sister that I was afraid of my dad, and she said that I didn't need to be. I know that I don't need to be, but I just am. He makes me hug him and kiss him on the cheek too, and last time I didn't do that he snapped at me, and I was terrified. Even my friends are afraid of him, I just need some help and some advice.

re: I don't want to Live at Home anymore

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing with us some of what has been going on at home. We are so sorry to hear that you are feeling afraid of your dad and do not feel safe or happy when at home. Home is a place where you should feel loved and protected and we are so sorry that is not the case for you. We are glad that you have reached out and we are here to support you in any ways we can.

You are asking some really great questions and we think it is great that you are reaching out in trying to figure out what the best thing for you to do it. Here at NRS, we are not here to tell you what to do, but we can go over options that you might have. It seems like you have been going through some pretty tough times and would like to explore some options as to what you can do. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, not only are we here to provide support, but we are also her to explore some options with you to see what you think is best. We want you to know that we do have options and you can now count us as part of your support system.

Our lines are available 24/7, this is the fastest method you would be able to get in touch with us. We are more than willing to listen to your situation and help in the best way that we can. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), we also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. As we mentioned, we would be more than happy to talk about your situation and see what the best way that we can help you is. We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X