Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help asap

I'm 17 years old and I love with my mom, step dad, niece, my moms friend And her three daughters. My real dad isn't in the picture at all so living with him is out of the question. I need to know if there's any way I can move out without being a runaway. My boyfriend is getting an apartment and has a car and whatnot, is there a way I could live with him? He's 18 and we've been together 2 years. I don't get along with anyone in the house and it is not a safe environment for me. It worsens my depression and anxiety and I need out. Please please help. I don't know if I can keep going on like this.

re: Help asap

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have been really having trouble mentally, being in the same house with so many people. Depression and anxiety can be really difficult to deal with so we can imagine how tough that is for you.

We aren't legal experts and we are non-directive here so anything you decide is ultimately up to you. Being that you are a 17, most states would consider you a minor. It gets tricky in that area, so it would also depend on whether your parents were to file a runaway report or not. So there would be some legal issues that surround you staying with your boyfriend until you are 18. Your local non-emergency police would know more specifics about running away if you have questions.

For further support, we strongly encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Good luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X