Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don't know what's wrong with my dad

so, im currently at my dad's house, and he is being an ass. i told him i wanted to go home, because my friend wanted to come over (from my mom's house) and he said he doesn't care, and he won't let me leave. me and his relationship is kinda bad. he tells me i need to lose weight, and go outside more because im lazy and i don't do anything. all i want to do is go home.. 2 weeks ago, i went camping w him, and he told me the same stuff. i called my mom and told her, and she texted him. he got angry at me for telling her everything he says. i literally don't know what to do anymore..

Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. We are sorry to hear about the way you have been treated. It sounds horrible to receive rejection from someone that you care about. It sounds like the mistreatment at home is becoming difficult to deal with. It seems that you do not receive the support that you probably should at home.

Depending on what you are looking for, a great resource for you could be the National Child Abuse Hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453. You can reach out to them anonymously to learn about the abuse reporting process, or directly report abuse to this line. They are a good resource for talking through your options if there is verbal/mental abuse going on at your dad's.

Additionally, another option could be to live full-time at your mother’s house if you feel that could help your situation. If that is an option that interests you, it may be best to call into our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) to learn more about that possibility or the National Child Abuse Hotline could help with this as well.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Best Wishes
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X