X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod7
    replied
    Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like things aren’t going so well with either of your parents. That can be really hard, especially when you can’t seem to get through to either of them and they’re being overprotective. It’s good to hear that you have some support in your aunt. But let’s talk about options.

If you go stay with your aunt, your parents could potentially file a runaway report and the police could come take you back to them (your mom or dad, whoever has primary custody). However, sometimes the police won’t follow through on this if it’s clear that you’re avoiding an abusive situation or getting close to the legal age of adulthood.
    Since we don’t know many details about your situation, it might be best to call our 24/7 hotline (1-800-786-2929) and talk with one of our liners about your situation. We can talk confidentially about what’s going on with your parents and come up with some potential solutions together. Or if calling isn’t your thing, you can reach out to us via chat on our website, 1800runaway.org.

Thanks again for contacting us. Asking for help is the first step towards things getting better. Hope to hear from you soon.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic help please

help please

so in my opinion and mostly everyone elses my mom is crazy. like mentally insane. and i dont want to live witg her, on the other hand i dont want to live with my dad wither because hes too overprotective and he literally wont let me do anything. if my parents are divorced and i dont want to live with either of them what can i do to go and live with my aunt? pls help
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X