Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic family

I am a 15 year old girl (16 in September) and my dad is verbally abusive, he puts me down often and I once tried telling him about depressive and anxiety issues including cutting and thoughts of suicide and wanting to die, and he said he was going to get me to a doctor but never did, which proves he doesn't care, and he recently found out about my boyfriend (Mexican) and he was very hateful because I am white and he's old fashioned. He said I will never be able to see him outside of school and never be able to go to school activities because of it. My mom has always been emotionally instable and legally crazy, she is legally labeled as a phsycopath, she used to abuse me and even tried to suffocate me with a pillow when I was younger, then my brother also tried to kill me by choking me when I was younger, and my entire life I have lived in a camper about 28,29 and the one right now, 33 feet long, and my dad is always saying I can't go places and I have to stay one 24/7, and I can't see any friends outside of school because they can't come over either, and he is very judgmental towards me over everything I do, and is controlling over what I wear also, and has always told me bad things about any family that's reached out to me trying to make me hate them, and he kept me away from his and my moms entire family, and we have two dogs and he usually gets very aggressive with them, he had even went to hit me before and when he gets mad he yells at me and gets in my face yelling and acting like he's going to hit me, I have a friend about 17/18 and she is supposed to her own house soon and said I can go live with her, is it possible without my dad declining the request or not letting me because he doesn't like her?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we know that is not always an easy thing to do, but it shows how mature you are and how responsible you are to reach out for help when you need it. It sounds like you are in a really scary, frustrating, and stressful situation, and it makes sense that you are having a hard time handling it. Your life is very valuable and meaningful, and you don’t deserve to be abused or treated that way by anyone. You are so important, and it is great that you are taking steps to take care of yourself.

One option you have is to file an abuse report which would mean that child protective services would be contacted and would look into the physical abuse at home and potentially help get you out of the situation. If you want to discuss this option or others more, feel free to call us (1-800-RUNAWAY) or chat with us through our website and we would be more than happy to help. If you are considering suicide, it is important that you know how valuable your life is, and if you ever need to talk to someone or are scared that you might hurt yourself you could reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Another resource for helping with self harm and cutting is the website To Write Love on Her Arms, at www.twloha.com.

Again, thank you for reaching out and looking for information you need to keep yourself safe mentally and physically. Feel free to call us or chat with us whenever you need it or if you want more information or someone to talk to, we are happy to help!

Best of Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X