No announcement yet.

I'm scared.....

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm scared.....

    I live with a happy family but my dad drinks. When he gets drunk he says things that hurt me and my brother. I want to run away or end my own life but I'm scared. What should I do??

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about your dad's drinking. You and your brother don't deserve to be hurt by him. You mentioned that you have thought about ending your life. Although you are going through a rough time, you are not alone. Your life matters ! Talking to someone about how you feel could help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for support. It sounds like you want to runaway, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to runaway, your family has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't against the law but if you were to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif