Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to kill myself because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom always yells at me because I don't clean my room when I do, My big brother always overpowers me and he’s a jerk. He’s 13 and 6’2, and weighs 140, I hate my life and I tried to start hanging myself,, what do I do?

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here at NRS. We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You mentioned feeling overwhelmed and hurt in your interactions with your mom and brother. You deserve to feel safe and supported at home.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. In addition to the The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, we also want to encourage you to reach out to people in your life. Perhaps a friend, family member, teacher, counselor, or another trusted adult. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

My mom makes me want to kill myself. I went to a phyc ward that was so horrible it made me want to die back in December. When I was finally home, my mom couldn't care less. It's now march, and I've been trying so hard to get her to like me. But I said one thing and now she hates me again. The thing I said? Ok oh. I said I didn't want to clean up after making dinner. She was so ********ing pissed at me it hurt. It's the day after and now I feel how I did back in December. I want to die so bad. My therapist ********ing sucks. My dad is lazy basterd that says it's my fault my mom is mad. Oh, he's a cripple btw. My mom is such a ********ing ********** and expects me to love her after all the screaming and phycological torcher she's put me through. We were driving 2 days ago, and she was upset about a mistake she made and was screaming about every little thing while I'm driving, in my ear. Then she would get mad about my poor driving because she was screaming in my ear so I couldn't concentrate. So yeah, that's just a little of it. ******** you mom.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. Another helpful resource is NAMI Helpline (National Alliance on Mental Illness) The NAMI HelpLine is a free, nationwide peer-support service providing information, resource referrals and support to people living with a mental health conditions, their family members and caregivers, mental health providers and the public. You can reach them at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) nami.org.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your parents. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

i. am sad. i keep messing up DANGIT I ALWAYS PLAY GAMES IN CLASS I GET IN TROUBLE LIKE A LOOOOOOT I. WANT. TO. DIE.
    LIFE SUCKS.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

my mum yells at me literally every single day for not doing homework, studying and im on holidays I do it anyways but she thinks im lying, that I haven't dont the work im only 13 and I dont get to play video games like a normal kid would she black mails me every single day. "if u dont do ur revision no dinner u will be kicked out!" that's what my mum says. she's a completely different person around other people. when I was younger she would slap me, still now but less... I even cried today. I got off my computer because I was moving on to Italian revision but she "dont lie to me you were playing games, dont play games blah blah blah." then she black mailed me again. I ran upstairs and she said if u dont come down in the next 5 mins ill cancel tomorrow(im going to my friends house tomorrow). and then I was learning the periodic table from my computer cause I didnt think it was in my text book. and she's like DONT LEARN OFF UR COMPUTER your computer won't teach u anything!! so then she forced me to learn from the textbook and do a whole 8 chapter and wright notes. there is my. whole childhood gone. and im not even getting good scores im in yr 8 btw and im ok sharing this information. I want to run away but then I will miss my grandma my dog and friends and that's the only think that makes me happy, so im kinds stuck at home...

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
      Last edited by ccsmod0; 04-13-2021, 12:04 AM.

i wish i could be excepted for who i am but i feel like im not so i ve wanted to kill myself because i have always felt like an outsider im crying right now because my mom yelled at me for my hmework and sometimes other hings what should i do comet for questions or if you feel the same way

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, we understand it takes great courage to reach out and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now, and you may be fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      It sounds like you are going through a lot and the people around you are not being supportive. You deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe. We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you, especially from your family.

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Hello, I've just so turned 15 years old (well a few months back but that doesn't matter) and for the past couple of years now maybe since I was 12 or 13 (a time when my older sister ran away from home) I've experienced extreme signs of anxiety and depression. Mostly because of my mother. I have self harmed, cried myself to sleep, and overall thought about killing myself over these past couple of years now. My mother isn't physically abusive but I know I'm not liked. I've been yelled at, told to shut up and called many names by my mother these past years and really it's gotten to the point where I have to cry it out while listening to ASMR's to calm me down or else I really may do something to myself once again. I have had plenty of panic attacks/anxiety attacks while the thought "I'm not needed here" "What's the point of living anymore?" Has filled my thoughts. I do, ALL the cleaning like I'm a housemaid. While my younger sister doesn't do anything and whenever I yell at her for doing something bad I'M in the wrong. My older brother barely passed high school, has done dumb ******** like smoked, vaped, drank, and is failing in college NEVER has any consequences for his actions. My siblings are treated like stars while I'm just the house nanny that has to watch over them and clean all day or else I get yelled at for doing nothing. I have dysthymia which is a form of depression so yes, I can be a little mean sometimes but whenever my mom is stressed with work it's like she just takes it out on me! I now play a sport so yeah I'm of course sore and don't want to do anything all day BUT I STILL DO THE DISHES, DO THE LAUNDRY, SWEEP THE FLOOR, ETC, ETC ALL THE WHILE PUSHING THROUGH PAIN. SHE LITERALLY GOT MAD AT ME BECAUSE I DIDN'T BRING HER A WATER YESTERDAY...I really don't know what to do anymore. I can never wear what I want or else she considers me a tomboy or just "dressing like a boy" all the time. But she nevers wants to come to the mall to help me find clothes and literally expects me to dress my NINE YEAR OLD SISTER. My father isn't any help either. I'm a big fan of anime and well my family doesn't approve of it they make fun of me for it. My dad's also a racist and homophobic and they're both really harsh on me when it comes to getting good grades and winning all the time. I can't even backtalk or else it's consider being rude or disrespectful and I'll have to give them my phone. I just wanna die sometimes and get reborn already. I'm insecure so they don't help with that either calling me ugly or flat all the time. My mother for sure hates me. I try to keep up a strong persona but all I really want is for her approval for once or even a hug would be nice...

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    i wish i could be excepted for who i am but i feel like im not so i ve wanted to kill myself because i have always felt like an outsider im crying right now because my mom yelled at me for my hmework and sometimes other hings what should i do comet for questions or if you feel the same way
    dude u got this, dont let anything get u even tho I know its tough!

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
      Thank you,
      NRS

I want to run away I am 12 also my mom hits me when my da isn't home and does anyone know somewhere I can go I live in California I have enough money for an uber ride pls tell me some places I can go and I need friends

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.
      We are sorry to hear that you are being hit, this could possibly be abuse and if you feel like you are being abused you do have the right to file a report. You can file a report by calling Child Help: 1800-422-4453. You can also file a report by speaking to a school counselor or teacher, because they are mandated reporters. Lastly, you can file a report by calling or chatting with us, we are here for you 24/7.
      We know you mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have some information on what could happen. If you were to leave without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. If you mentioned the abuse, they may investigate the situation.
      If you still feel like you need a safe place to go, please call or chat with us and we can help you explore your options. We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

I need help I need help I'm stress-eating and am overweight she beats me up for being fat and I'm depressed i cant be who i want to be im gay she wont let me do gay things she make me feel worthless she put my sisters before me and her boyfriend i want to kill myself she push me to be something i dont want to be she tells me she going to send me away i sit in my room all day crying i sit in there and dont bother no one and she bust in my room yelling t me in so tired of it this been going on for the last 3 years of my life i dont want to be here no more she dont get the stuff i need but she get my sisters what they need nad he boyfriend what he need help me plss

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Everyone deserves to feel safe and respected in their own home.

Coming out can be a scary process since it requires a certain degree of vulnerability and holds a lot of uncertainty. Your bravery and resilience throughout this process is so admirable. You are not alone in this and the LGBT National Youth Talkline is a great resource that offers support for young people in similar situations to your own. The hotline is run by those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can reach them by calling 1-800-246-7743 or you can check out their website at gltbhotline.org. You can also check out the Trevor Project, an organization dedicated to helping LGBT teens, by calling 866-488-7386 or by going to thetrevorproject.org.

You mentioned that you've been depressed lately and that you've had some thoughts of suicide. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting NRS,
      We appreciate you reaching out to us. From what we understand about your message is that your guardian is being abusive to you for being part of the LGBTQ community and fat shaming you as well. We are sorry to hear that and would like to let you know that is not okay and should not ever be tolerated by anyone. Something you mentioned in your summary that we want to address are that you mentioned killing yourself. If you feel as though completing suicide is something you are dealing with please know that you can contact the ambulance to come pick you up (911) they can help assists you with any thoughts or actions you might be thinking of doing. Another resources you can use is called the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or by phone: 800-273-8255). They are an organization that can help talk with someone through suicidal thoughts and issues. Some other things that you mentioned that can are really tough to go through is that you mentioned being neglected and going through abuse at home. Please know that you can report that with the police or contact us here at NRS we can report child abuse alongside you and help get that process started. Once we do the child abuse report a caseworker would come out to your place and verify that you are okay. If they deem it unsafe they have the ability to pull you out of that bad situation. Another organization that works specifically with reporting child abuse is called Child Help (www.childhelp.org or by phone: 800-422-4453) they can also help assist you in any way possible.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,

NRS

I’m pretty much at a crossroad right now. I’ve been having thoughts of killing myself for a while and today I actually think I want to carry out hanging myself. I’ve been searching around for rope or something sturdy all day to get it done but can’t seem to come up with anything. My mom yells at me 24/7 because of my grades or because I seem “lazy” but really I’m just struggling to stay alive. It seems whenever I think I found a sense of peace something else slaps me in the face. I’m so tired of waking up and having to deal with the same people and sadness. Running away has also been a strong thought but I’m afraid that if I do so I’ll get in trouble with the law myself or I’ll end up being brought back home and it’s one place I don’t wanna return if I’m trying to get away from it in the first place.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

I hate my life should I just end it

I have always suffered from depression and i come from a strict conservative family. So my parents dont believe in mental health they always just say that i am not holy enough and i should pray more often. I really hate my parents there the ones that make my life miserable they always scream, beat me up, and even mentally abusive. I have going through so much stress lately I am trying to do well in school but it's hard. My parents always tell me I am useless and force me to study something later on which I dont wanna do. They force me into praying and beat me up. I have really bad mental health and even cut myslef at some point. I tired to kill myslef 2 times but it never worked. I also can't really kill myslef anymore becuase its against my religion. I am really tired at this point. I hate myslef I hate my life I hate my parents. I really wanna run away but I can't even do that becuase they threaten me to send me back to my country. I am really suffering and I can't even seek help. What do I do becuase at this point I really think I gonna kill myslef but I dont wanna I want help.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thank you so much for reaching out to NRS and for being strong enough to open up about what you have been going through at home. We are so sorry to hear that your parents have been physically and mentally abusive and that you are also dealing with so much school stress in addition to that. You do not deserve to be treated this way and you certainly should not have to feel like you should end your life to solve the issues. It is understandable why you are so frustrated with your parents, especially if they don’t understand how much you are struggling and force you into praying or studying instead of fixing what you’re dealing with.

We recognize your attempt to cope with these issues, but if you are feeling suicidal or feel like cutting yourself due to everything going on in your life right now, we want to make sure you are safe because that is our first priority here. A super helpful resource is the National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or you can go to their website at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. These resources are 24/7 and fully confidential for anyone in a suicidal crisis and they can help you think through these overwhelming thoughts almost immediately as you have them.

Second, it sounds like your parents are mentally and physically abusing you and it is taking a toll on your mental health and safety. If you have not tried filing an abuse report on your parents and you feel that this would be a good option to stop these behaviors in your house, you can call NRS at 1800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) and we can make an abuse report for you. You would need to tell us your city/state address, phone number, names and other personal information over the phone so that we can make this report for you and this situation can be handled immediately. Another similar option you could consider is making a child abuse claim with your county’s or state’s Child Protective Services hotline. If you would like to learn more about the process of filing a report www.childhelp.org is a possible resource worth reaching out to. Finally, if you are considering running away, depending on if you are above the age of majority in your state, you can look into that as an option and not worry about your parents forcing you to go back to your country. We are happy to discuss this further over chat or on the phone as well!

Again, we can empathize with how upset you are in dealing with this sort of pain and abuse. You do not deserve to be treated like this and just know that there is a way out for you. Best of luck with everything and hopefully these resources will help you make your next step. Feel free to chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-786-2929 if you need anything else. We are always here to listen and support you.

Best,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X