Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to kill myself because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mso me and my mon went to her boyfriends house whatever and she said were staying a night i did not want to and so she pulled my hair and said get over your self u brat the world dose not always have to be about u i was sad but what ever then we were going to bed i felt like crap and i cryed it was tha bad and she was like i dont care if your sick and im only 11

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it sounds frustrating to have your mom put you in situations where you aren't comfortable. You mentioned that your mom was pulling your hair, this raises som concern about your well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

It sounds like your mom isn’t fully understanding you when you are trying to relay your thoughts and feelings about staying over at her boyfriend's. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

Please help me my mom is trying to kill me, she hits me everyday once she kicked me in my stomach and pushed me from stairs, I have vitiligo that's why she hates me so much, I m claustrophobic but still she locks me down in basement and she slaps me, beats me often, and she said I should die, I m worthless piece of ******** ,she says that you are not beaten by ur dad for sure once I will also do that. Yesterday she pushed me from 5th floor, I want to die please help me please save me

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks for telling us a little bit about what's been going on at home, we know that it takes a lot of courage to reach out. Your mom's behavior is unacceptable and you don't deserve to be abused in any way. Her actions raise a lot of concern for your safety. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. You can also talk to a police officer, medical personnel (doctor, nurse, etc.), or a teacher about the abuse and ask for help filing an abuse report. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

i just want to die right now because of my parents. both my mom and dad favor my sister over me because of her grades. because of that, they both yell at me everyday. if i try to ignore them, they would slap my face and ground me. sometimes i just feel like either killing my parents or committing suicide. it just hurts a lot ya know? Personally, i think this world is full of ********. parents get to treat us as slaves as if it was 1790 or something. my life is complete bull********. And im only 12 years old.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like you have a tough situation going on at home. It shows a lot that you reached out to us, situations like these can be hard to navigate and it can sometimes be hard to reach out but the fact that you did is huge, that is something worth being proud of.
      And though it may not feel like it right now, and you may be really frustrated, your life is important and you matter. If you think there’s any chance you might kill yourself or kill your parents emergency services can be reached at 911 to talk to someone right away. If you feel like you want to talk to someone the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. We want you to know we care about your wellbeing, and your safety.

It sounds like you've been through quite an amount of pain from your mom. You don't deserve to be mistreated or harmed in any way. It may be something you have tried, but we want to mention that an option could be to try to talk to your mom and dad about how they are treating you differently than your sister and how that makes you feel. You do not have to do this alone, you can always think about bringing in a third party like a friend, trusted adult, teacher, ect to bring in a different perspective. Sometimes having help from someone outside of the family can bring attention to the issue and offer safe ways to bring about change in the home.

We also want to say that you do not deserve to be slapped in the face and it is not okay. If you do feel abused or your parent’s actions are abusive, you do have the right to report what is going on. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource that can help answer any questions you have about what reporting abuse looks like, what abuse is, and they can also assist in reporting if you choose to do so. We are also here 24/7 to help as well to discuss reporting as an option or to report as well if you choose to do so.

As a reminder, we are here to help sort through things with you and identify a plan that is safest and best for you. Again, if you feel unsafe with yourself and you may hurt yourself or your parents, you can call 911 for emergency services. We do truly care about you and understand it must be an incredibly frustrating situation you are in with your family and their treatment towards you compared to your sister. We are always here to listen and help brainstorm options that you feel may best fit your situation. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24/7 and we also have an online chat system at 1800runaway.org if you want to chat with us. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best, NRS

My Mom....makes me want to kill myself but I still love her but I want to run away.....but I can’t because I’m only.......9.....years old......

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. You stated that your mom makes you want to kill yourself. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

Stay safe,
      NRS

My mom had a rough childhood the only thing she had when she was young was the fact she had a slim figure which I don’t but I’m not fat. I feel sick being around her. All she ever does in compare me to my younger sister our cousins. I hate myself my doesn’t believe it but I’m not happy I’m not secure I want to die and she doesn’t it help only makes it worse

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeine, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a pretty difficult time. It is hard to be compared to other people, but just know that you are unique and that you are your own individual person.
      You mentioned having thoughts of dying, which can be pretty serious. We want you to know that you are valuable and that you are worth living. You can always contact The National Suicide Prevention Line at:
      (800) 273-8255. You could also consider talking to your school counselor about what has been going on sometimes talking to a professional can help you feel better.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

So my Mom hates me and it's just Me and my dad she hates.. she will call me names, dump water on me, she actually threw the trashcan that had trash in it at me. I have been having problems with getting up recently and sometimes I feel like I'm not motivated for school because my mom makes me feel like nothing so

Comment

So my Mom hates me

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to have those things done to you.
      It’s not your fault that she does this whether you are having motivation issues or not.

Perhaps there are some things going on with your mother but that is no excuse for her behavior. The thing is finding a way to communicate to her how her actions are making you feel. NRS is here to listen and here to help. Sometimes talking about a situation might help to bring about ideas on how you might come to making things change.
      Does that make sense?
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

So recently i’ve been feeling really sad and stressed out because of school. i keep trying to study as hard as i can ti make my mother proud but nothing seems to work. today she accused me for stealing her makeup bag and she called me a liar. she is a single parent so i understand she has a lot on her hands but she can at least try to be a bit nicer. she criticizes me a lot, about what i eat, who i talk to, how i look, basically she points out all my imperfections. i wanna kill myself, i feel so worthless and as if no one else cares. i wish i had my dad around. he’s the best. i love him so much. but i HAD to be stuck with HER. she blames everything on my dad too and tells me that’s i get all my imperfections from him. i’m so scared and i need someone to talk to immediately

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of emotional stress, and we are here to help as much as we can.
          The National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1800-273-8255) is a great resource if you are feeling overwhelmed and fearful you might hurt yourself. Another option is to reach out to a trusted adult at school- perhaps a school counselor. They are trained to help students through stressful situations.
          You can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach us via our online chat (1800runaway.org). We are 24/7 and here to help and listen.

Best of luck,
          NRS

My mom doesn’t trust me and she is a horrible person to me but when child protection services can she didnt let me leave it all she lets my sister do anything then calls me lazy Bc I don’t do nothing SHE WONT LET ME DO ANYTHING I CANT EVEN GO OUT WITH FRIENDS and I’ve been thinking of ending my life just so she can finally know the pain she puts me through AND I HATE HER I WISH SHE WAS SUPPORTIVE and listened to me when I try to tell her something about me but she always ends up yelling at me and wonders why I don’t tell her about me

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

We are really glad you decided to reach out to NRS. Thank you for sharing a bit about what's been going on. You do not deserve to be talked down to or treated like that. It can be really stressful when the adults in our lives are not supportive.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Reaching out to a school counselor or another adult that you trust could also be a good outlet for you as well. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

You mentioned that you have been having a really tough time talking to your mom because she always ends up yelling at you. We offer a service where we can help you talk to your mom through a conference call. If you call our hotline (800-786-2929) we can talk more in detail about your situation at home, what you would like to see change, and ways that you can better be supported by your mom. Then when you are ready we can call your mom together. We will be on the line with you to make sure that things stay calm and that you feel heard.

We want to be a support for you while you deal with this challenging situation at home and we are here 24/7 to listen and help. Please do not hesitate to reach out any time by phone or use our online chat services if you want to talk more about your situation.

Be safe,
          NRS

About a year ago, things went downhill with my family, my mom and dad's fighting weren't just verbal anymore...but physcial to a point where my mom got arrested once. Why was she arrested?Well, because she was the one who took it to the next level. Which has to do with story I'm going to tell soon. Don't get me wrong, my step-dad and real dad have a big part in this and are at fault to, but I'll try to spare you the details. When I was younger, hardly older than five, I still have those horrible memories. My own mother kicking me to walls where I could swear I felt something crack, either my back or the wall, my hair being pulled and forcing my head to slam onto to walls and the ground. Her stepping onto me like a piece of trash that she gave birth to, something she wish she had disposed of earlier. It's almost scary how I can remember those memories from way back. She had to be stopped by my step father from creating real bone crushing injuries and noticeable ones that might be shown up in school. She had anger issues. That was clear enough. She resents me a lot because I resemble my biological father, and man who broke her into two. I never remembered her hurting my elder sister. Maybe a slap on the arm but nothing more. Neither to my younger brother. Just me. Then the memories started flowing back a year ago, and I became closed up, the last time speaking about this was with a teacher assistant, who I broke down in front of. I would cry every night alone, her words of pure hatred running through my ears. I just wanted everything to stop. All the yelling, the memories, the words, my family, time. I just needed it all to stop. Just for a little while. After my mother and siblings and I moved away from my problematic neighborhood and step-father I felt like I was getting better. I spent my summer inside alone, having time to think about myself and we'll being, deciding what I should do to ignore my mother's heart shattering words, and for a while...I thought I was happy again. Then she said something that made my walls, my hard built yet fragile walls crash. Everything I worked to went crashing back down in the spiral of numbness.

"She should just kill herself..."

I want it to stop. Her hatred. My loud wailing. The aching spot in my chest. The heavy weight that keeps in building up no matter where I go. I won't say when or why she said it. In order to protect her. I don't know why I want to, but I feel like its my responsibility. Thank you for taking your time to read this, please, any advice is welcomed. Once again thank you. Have a great day.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.
          Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
          Take care,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X