Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to kill myself because of my mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to kill myself because of my mom.

My mom doesn't have stress, she doesn't even work or even clean the house or cook. She hire a nanny to do all those things. She just sits in front of the television all day and gossips or make fun of other people through her social accounts and laugh with her friends. She would invite her friends to come to house and have fun. If her friends aren't free she comes pick on me. She yells at me for no reason. I would get it if she yells at me because of stress from work or taking care of us but she doesn't have a job and ask the nanny to take care of both the house and the kids. Why the ******** would she be stress out? She makes my dad do all the work and my dad isn't home most of the time because of work and I would get that because he's working to put food on the table. My mom love and cherish her other four kids and never blame them for anything. While I look out for her, she spits on me. She say why I'm so ugly and why my body is so out of shape. So I wear makeup and workout. But that doesn't change anything. She still calls me ugly and abuse me. She would yell at me when I do homework or when I am just sitting and watching TV. She treat me as if I don't have feelings. If I get sick, she would yell at me for getting sick. But when my siblings are sick, she acts all dramatic and sad. The last straw was when she insulted my friend for eating chicken. She said "Keep eating those chicken, your acne or pimples will never get better". After hearing that I cried when my friend went home. Obviously my friend was hurt. She didn't deserve the insult, and she never did anything awful to my mom. My mom deserves all the hate in the world. Some people would try to defend her but trust me there are more things awful and worst things she have done to other people. She make the people around her distress. The world would be better without her. I wanted my mom to disappear, so badly. But I thought that wouldn't happen, so I thought its better if I die instead.

I only have my friends and my nanny to talk to. But I don't want to annoy them with my complaints and they have their own life to live. I tried to kill myself from my house balcony but I got scared of the height. I've been trying to find more ways to kill myself these days even though within a year I would be off to college and escape this hell hole. I try to stop self harming or killing myself but sometimes its too unbearable that it would be better if I just finish myself off. I really don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about the way your mom has been treating you. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be talked down to. You have the right to report the abuse, you could contact CPS. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. The easiest way to leave home as a minor is with parental consent. You could try asking your parents if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Another option that you may want to consider is looking into emancipation laws for your state. You mentioned that you have thought about suicide and self harm. Although you are going through a rough time at home, you are not alone. Your life matters ! Talking to someone about how you feel could help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for support. We hope that this information helps, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

So my dad died and my mom never told me after that she's been so mean to me everyone is happy but not me so i feel like killing myself because of my mom and sister why why me you know bye

Comment

• ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, there,
        Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a difficult time of your life and we applaud your courage in reaching out. It can be difficult to have your mom is being mean to you, especially after the loss of your dad. Your life and well-being are so important to us. If you ever feel like you’re in danger of hurting yourself, we encourage you to call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
        It sounds like your relationship with your mother and sister is pretty tense right now. It could be an option to look into family counseling. A therapist might be able to help you talk with your mom and sister about what they do that hurts you and how it affects you. You deserve to be loved and supported!
        If you ever want to talk about what’s going on, we’re here 24/7 to listen and to help. We have a database of different kinds of resources and are here to help you think through your options. Take care and stay strong!
        --NRS

I am not getting enough sleep my Mom is shouting telling that why u are mad and making me mad. I want to die

Comment

Reply: I am not getting enough sleep

Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like there are some issues between you and your mother that has you quite frustrated.
        We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are feeling at risk of hurting yourself contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

Take care,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi, I’m a 14 year old girl who has never gotten along with her mother. I never feel safe at home, and hide most of my life from my mother. She treats me like I’m five years younger than I am and doesn’t trust me to do anything myself. I know most people my age complain about this, but she takes it to the extreme. She has also made it abundantly clear that she values my younger sister over me. I love my father, but he works long hours and isn’t often home. Whenever my mother attacks and manipulates me, she twists the truth to my father and gets him on her side. I go to the authorities, but I know it would hurt my father career-wise and emotionally. I can’t stand being near her and I don’t think I can live like this for much longer, but I’m finding myself at a standstill. I just wish she was gone.

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you have been going through a lot at home with your mom and you are feeling like she is treating you like lesser. That has to be really hurtful, and it's clear that it has taken a toll on you. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you.

If you haven't already, you might try to talk to your father alone about how you are feeling and how you are feeling due to the way your mom is treating you. Maybe talking to him alone before your mom "twists the truth" could help him understand your side. Also, sometimes writing down your feelings in letters to one or both of your parents can help you get all of how you are feeling out without being interrupted to disrespected. You so deserve to be heard. Here at NRS, we do have a conference call service if you ever want to have a mediated conversation with your parents. Please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like us to facilitate that conversation. Unfortunately, sometimes parents give younger siblings more attention than older ones, and it might require a few difficult conversations to get your feelings known. Please know that you are not lesser than anyone else - not your sister, not your mom. You are enough.

Please know that here at NRS, we are always here for you. Don't hesitate to call or chat us if you ever need.

Best,

NRS

My mom don’t like for a long she don’t talk to me don’t do nothing for me she hates me and I wanna just kill my self and I’m only 11 years old and I know u shouldn’t be thinking about this but my don’t like me I’m so sad

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi,
            Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re sorry you feel so sad and are going through such a difficult situation with your mom at this time.
            You’re not alone in feeling very angry with your mother. And though it may not feel like it right now, and you may be really frustrated, your life is important and you matter.
            If you think there’s any chance you might hurt yourself, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800.273.8255 or 911 to talk to someone right away.
            Though it may not seem like it at this time, there are things we can talk about that could make living with your mother easier. If you’d like to talk more about what’s going on, and would like some help figuring out what options you may have, please give us a call at 800.RUNAWAY or chat with us anytime, any day of the week at 1800runaway.org. We’re available and ready to listen to whatever you’d like to talk about.
            Remember, your life is important and you matter. And we’re here to listen and here to help 24/7.
            We wish you the very best
            -NRS

i need help !!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello There,
            Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We would love to be able to help you but we would need to know more about your situation. Based on the title you have posted if you are ever thinking about suicide we want you to know that you are worth living and you are valuable. If you are ever having thoughts of suicide please call The National Suicide Prevention Line at – 1800-273-8255. If you would like to give us a call we are available 24/7. Best of luck!
            NRS

My mom is a total psycho. She makes me do all the work related to my little sister except to pay bills. My dad is not home so she thinks she can rule the house. I suffer from PCOD and am overweight ...she beats me up for being fat and says that its my fault. I,m not able to sleep at night because of the taunts she pass at me. She humiliates me in front of her and my friends and its probably the reason why I don't have friends anymore. Sometimes I wanna hurt her and sometimes I wanna kill myself but rather I punch the wall and bleed my knuckles out. Once it was so disastrous that she told me to kill herself and I shoved a blade inside my wrist and she said go bleed in the balcony and not on my floors. I fainted there until after 4 hours later my father found me. When I was 10 years old she threw me off the 4th floor because I could not memorize an answer. It broke my right arm and leg. I'm just scared for my little sister. She is just 6 years old and I'm afraid my mom would kill her. Once she was about to hit her with a hockey stick when I came in between and she broke my ribs instead. I'm 18 and will be off to college very soon but my sister still remains with that Satan. Please help me
          Last edited by ccsmod5; 04-25-2019, 07:49 PM. Reason: Edited for graphic or explicit language

Comment

• ccsmod5
            ccsmod5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We want to say it takes a lot of bravery to talk about what has been going on at home and sharing this with us. It must be extremely scary and frustrating living with your mom after what you shared with us. It is not okay to be hit and told to kill yourself at all. That is something you do not deserve ever. If you ever feel you need emergency services or feel unsafe, you always have the right to call 911. If you feel your mom may hurt you or your sister as you mentioned, you can always call the police for help. It sounds like you have a lot of feelings towards your mom which is valid and you mentioned you have wanted to hurt her. The police are also an option if you feel you are close to hurting her or yourself and they may be able to diffuse the situation to ensure safety. Another option could be to separate from your mother if possible to try to diffuse any safety problems.
            Being humiliated and threatened as well as physically hurt is not okay under any circumstances. There is an option of reporting what has been going on to Child Protective Services if you want. Although you are 18, which may be the legal age of adulthood where you are, you can still report your fears for your six year old sister and describe what has been happened to you from your mom. This is always an option and Child Help (800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore more about it if you want to. They can help answer any questions you have and if you do want to report, they can help you do so. You can always reach out to us as well if you would like to explore child abuse reporting more and although we aren’t legal experts, we can try our hardest to help in any way we can. We do want to let you know we are mandated reporters meaning if you share any identifying info like your name, your moms name, your address, etc. we would have to pass along what you shared about the abuse at home to CPS. We are confidential now and if you only want to explore the option, don’t share any of that identifying information and we can stay confidential.
            We know you also mentioned feeling like you sometimes want to kill yourself and we want to share a resource as an option if you are feeling suicidal. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255/suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is a 24/7 resource that is always there for you if you are feeling like you may kill or hurt yourself. Although you do not have to be suicidal to call, they are always there to talk if you are feeling suicidal or need to talk. Similarly, we are also always 24/7 and here to listen and brainstorm with you so don’t hesitate to reach out to us as well.

It takes strength to share your story with us and reaching out. We truly care about you and are always here to brainstorm plans about what you want to do. Don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at 1800runaway.org as we are here 24/7 for you. We hope to hear from you soon and we can discussed what we talked about above or explore other options you feel may work too. Stay safe and don’t hesitate to reach out again!

Best, NRS

I want to die because my mom makes me feel like I’m worthless and I need some type of help. Nothing really gets under my skin except when she gets mad at me. I just want to die but I’m too scared to leave behind the things that actually love me.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for writing in to the National Runaway Safeline. You are not alone. There are many, many reasons not to end your life, even though it might not seem like it when you start to feel this way. No one deserves to be made to feel worthless, as everyone has something to give and your life 100% matters. If you are seriously considering ending your life, know that you can speak directly to a real human being at the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1800 273 8255 or visit them online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Your life matters.

Feel free to call us 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can provide additional resources for you. Take care.

My mom makes me want to kill myself. Some people may say i'm ridiculous for saying that. I feel as if she loves and cares for my other 2 siblings more than me. She also blames me for everything when I didn't do anything. When i'm hurt or get sick, she either mocks me or doesn't care. She yells at us for no reason. I'd say she is showing strong verbal abuse, saying things such as, "you'll never be good enough", or ""you're a loser". I'm also 12 years old, so people may think i'm going for the stereotypical 'I hate my parents', but I promise it is worse than hate. I believe it is a shame that the person who brought you into this life can make you want to take it away. I am hesitant about telling her the way she makes me feel about myself, so she will probably keep going.

-Nathan Pickrell

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
            Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
            If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
            We hope to hear from you soon.
            Be safe,
            NRS

My life has been pretty hectic for awhile. When my sister first got diagnosed with her sickness the effects didn’t really set in until about 4 months later. And I began to become depressed and suffered from really bad panic attacks. Because she was sick I understood that my mom would have to give her more attention and I was fine with that because I have a little sister and I needed to be strong for her but somewhere down the line i began to get angry and upset. And after she got better the first time i noticed my mood didn’t really change. After she had a relapse because her medicine stopped working again it was horrible. Also we had to let our dad stay with us so my mom can quit her job to take care of my sister. They don’t get along so they screamed and fought every single day. It didn’t help my sister recover. They fought so bad the cops came a lot and when I went to sleep at night sometimes I would cry because I could only hear screaming in my head and I couldn’t control it. I started going to my counselors everyday but my grades started to fall. I couldn’t really talk to my dad about it because hes a woman abuser and likes to hit females and drink all the time I got even more upset and felt like I couldn’t do anything right. I did some poor things and made some poor choices. But even through all of this my mom still went out of her way to hurt me. My mom has always been verbally Abusive I to all of my siblings. Since I was four she’s called us every name and acts like a bully. She antagonizes me. She’s always so quick to hit me. I used to just cry about it but as I got older I started to get angry and push her away from me. She tells everyone that I’m a horrible person and now everyone is upset at me for standing up for myself and letting her know that I’m not those names she calls me. She got upset and told me to kill myself and my uncle told me to also infront of the whole family but no one did anything. I feel very lost and hopeless I’d like to just fly away. I don’t really want to kill myself I just want to go somewhere I can be happy. The problem is I fear the only way to get there is for me to die.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear about all that you have been facing and want you to know that you deserve to be happy.
            First of all, you are extremely brave and strong for going through all of this and are making a great first step in reaching out for help. You deserve to be treated with respect, you deserve to be loved, and you deserve to feel safe. What you have gone through and how you have handled the situations is so admirable. Remember that although times may be tough, you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are going through or just get some support from another person, the National Runaway Safeline I here for you 24/7. You can call us at any time and someone will always be there to talk, you can call us directly, we are toll free at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or you can chat us on our live chat service. If you are interested, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also another resource you can reach out to for support or guidance. They can be reached at 1-800-273-8255 or you can visit their website suicidepreventionlifeline.org. It sounds like you and your mom have a tense relationship at the moment. One option could be to have a conversation about how she has been treating you and what she can do to support you better. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to your mom yourself, we would be more than happy to facilitate a conference call between you and your mother over the phone. You mentioned that you had gone to counseling in the past, perhaps you could talk with a guidance counselor with your mom there, or a teacher from school, essentially someone who you trust and feel comfortable with. If your home is an unsafe environment, calling the police is not out of the question. It may also help to talk with other family members who you trust, any friends that you love, or anyone in your life that you feel would be able to provide you the support you need.
            Once again, you are not alone. We are always here for you, to listen, to talk. We can discuss your options with you and answer any questions you may have. We are open every day, 24 hours a day. Please remember you can call us whenever at 1-800-786-2929. We wish you all the best!

I always get yelled at..I’m 13 years old.. I get yelled at every single day.. what can I do?

Comment

• ccsmod15
            ccsmod15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there, thanks for posting today! It sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now. We are glad you reached out for help!
            You mentioned you get yelled at every day. That must be really hard to cope with! Perhaps there are other adults in your life that you feel comfortable speaking with about this such as a family member (like an aunt, uncle, or grandparent), a teacher or school counselor, neighbor or friend's parents. We are also here 24/7 by phone and live chat and are always open to listening to you and helping think through some options you may have. Call us anytime at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us through the link at the top of our website.

Your situation sounds really difficult and you have shown a lot of strength in reaching out to us today. We are here to help. Call or chat for more information and to talk about different options you may have!

Best of luck and stay safe!

Hi so my mom makes me wanna run away. She’s always telling me I’m nothing to her or anyone else I got a boyfriend who is 16 and I’m 14 she won’t let him see me so I hide it from her so I thought of seeing him one night when everybody is sleep she got up and seen I was gone she knew where I was now she’s saying she wants to hit me and everything I need help please

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It sounds like you might need help talking through some things . If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
            Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
            We hope to hear from you soon.
            Be safe, NRS

I feel like my mom hates me she’s always taking my big sisters side and never mine I don’t do anything to her and she blames everything in my phone. She hates my friends and never lets me do or go anywhere/anything. I wish she liked me she always wants my phone and I feel like she cleaned everything always on me I’m tired of having to deal with her my dad passed away and I lost my brother I hate how she always yells at me and she never blames my sister for anything she always says everything I do and lies about it to her friends I hate it

Comment

• ccsmod13
            ccsmod13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We understand that you are going through a difficult time right now in your household, and appreciate you being open about your current situation.
            To begin with, you mentioned that you want to kill yourself. We want you to know we care about your wellbeing, and your safety. If you need to talk to someone about suicide, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. You may at your discretion also reach out to an organization called, SAMSHA for mental health services, and they can be reached at 1800-662-4357.

Furthermore, we are sorry you have experienced a difficult loss in your household, and are being very genuine and open about your feelings. Loosing someone you care about so much can be difficult, and you are very strong for being able to push through in these times. It could be helpful to sit down with your mom, and tell her how her actions impact you, and see if you both can find a middle ground. If you need someone else to talk with, you can try texting the organization NAMI at 741741. You would be texting with a counselor, and they would better assist you.

Thank you once again for reaching out, we understand you’re experiencing a difficult time, and would like you to know that you are not alone. Don’t forget we are a 24/7 hotline, so please reach out to us anytime at 1800-786-2929. You can also reach us via website at www.1800runaway.org. Take care!
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X