No announcement yet.

Can I run away to goblive with a sibling

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I run away to goblive with a sibling

    My mother treats me like dirt I have to basically be a parent to her kids the ones that are younger than me I can't go anywhere or do anything cause I have to watch her kids even when she is here and then she says thing that she now will hurt me she wants me to get a job so I can pay bills and buy her kids stuff basically I have to be a parent for me and them ... And I cant take it they get whatever they want cause they daddy lives here with us so it wouldn't make a diffrence if I was gone anyways it just means she would have to watch her kids for once.. I really can't take it the only thing that is really keeping me going is my older siblings.. They buy me things i need for school they pay for me to get my hair dont they take care of me when I can't do it myself I was waiting to talk to this social worker but I cant cause the lady that suppose to take me car isn't working and its only getting worst she makes me feel like I won't be able to acomplish anything and she said she doesn't care if I do cause that means im still gonna be here to watch her kids and im just ready to leave i dont feel like i can succed in this environment

  • #2

    Hello there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us through our online forum You are very brave for contacting us and looking for some help. It sounds like you have some concerns about living at home. It’s important to feel safe and comfortable at home. It’s good to hear that you feel supported by your sibling. We’re glad that you have such a good relationship with them.

    We can look for legal aid resources for you if you give us a cal. They are lawyers who help youth for free and they could help you find ways to legally be able to live with your siblings. Another resource that may be useful is an organization called Child Help. They might be able to talk with you about some of the things you might be going through at home. You can also ask them about ways for your sibling to take custody over you, it may be a helpful place to talk to you about steps you can take to make things better. They can be reached at 1-800-422-4453 and their website is

    You can also give us a call anytime. We thank you for contacting us and we hope this information has been helpful. Please feel free to reach out to us through our 24/7 hotline or through our online chat if you want to discuss your situation in more detail.

    Stay strong,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp